When will D* and E* no longer charge for HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
At some point in time, D* and E* I would believe have to stop charging for HD.

Once it becomes required to carry a HD signal, how can they justify an additional charge for HD?

Do you think they'll raise everyones, or drop the HD prices?

Eric_C said:
At some point in time, D* and E* I would believe have to stop charging for HD.

Once it becomes required to carry a HD signal, how can they justify an additional charge for HD?

Do you think they'll raise everyones, or drop the HD prices?

Unfortunately the way I read the required to carry was it did not specify HD it only specified DTV. Which means that in reality they can claim that they are already up to par. It really effects Locals more than anything. Someone please correct me if I am wrong in this assumption. I really hope that I am. Here is a link to the fcc. http://ftp.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html

when hdnet and espn etc stop charging THEM?

now, they may not be able to get away with charging extra for the network hd feed (cbs, nbc, etc.)

The way I read it, D* and E*, for that matter any sat company don't have to do squat for HD. The FCC ruling only specifies local broadcasters and cable companies and NOT Sat providers.

Good point Mr. V! D* & E* charge for HD in addition to regular programming and VOOM includes it free of cost with your monthly subscription? Then, D* (don't know about E*) charges you again for the Sports pack if you want sports....VOOM includes it free. What's wrong with this picture????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)