When will Directv ADD more HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's fair, since there are a few channels that have virtually no hd content at all. Since they will eventually, why not have them there ready to go? There is no good reason not to that I can think of. The upconverted sd content looks much better. Now if you want to talk about the stretching done by some of the channels, that I can agree with you on. Wait, did I just say I could agree with Harshness? :eek:

Obviously that is what Directv has done with some of the "HD" channels. The only problem is limited bandwidth and when a new HD channel is introduced there will be no room for it (until Directv 11 is operational) because an upconverted SD channel is already taking up the available bandwidth. From what I can surmise, Directv is reserving bandwidth for ESPN News, Disney, Toon Disney and ABC Family but those are probably all we will see added until May. Of course, there won't be a whole lot of new HD channels starting up before then either.

Obviously that is what Directv has done with some of the "HD" channels. The only problem is limited bandwidth and when a new HD channel is introduced there will be no room for it (until Directv 11 is operational) because an upconverted SD channel is already taking up the available bandwidth. From what I can surmise, Directv is reserving bandwidth for ESPN News, Disney, Toon Disney and ABC Family but those are probably all we will see added until May. Of course, there won't be a whole lot of new HD channels starting up before then either.

Bob where do you get may.... These channels are suppost to be launching on directv in 6 days!

according to mutlichannel ESPNews HD Eyes March 30 Launch - 3/19/2008 7:54:00 AM - Multichannel News

To capitalize on that growing demand for HD content, The Walt Disney Co. will also launch Disney Channel HD, Toon Disney HD and ABC Family HD on March 30. In April, ESPN will launch ESPN Australia HD and on August 28, ESPNU HD

Also, the artical was about ESPN News HD wich also launches in 6 days.

Bob where do you get may.... These channels are suppost to be launching on directv in 6 days!

Goalie,
Re read what Bob said :From what I can surmise, Directv is reserving bandwidth for ESPN News, Disney, Toon Disney and ABC Family but those are probably all we will see added until May.

He said that those channels would all we would probably see before May.

Jimbo

Goalie,
Re read what Bob said :From what I can surmise, Directv is reserving bandwidth for ESPN News, Disney, Toon Disney and ABC Family but those are probably all we will see added until May.

He said that those channels would all we would probably see before May.

Jimbo

Thanks I misread it. Were suppost to be getting Travel HD (no date set) and HallmarkHD when it launches next month.

It's interesting that South Park is on HD on Xbox Marketplace but not on D*...

Hey hey lets go!

Let's fighting love!!!

Comcast claims the "capacity for 1000 HD programs". There has to be something just a little fishy about that.

Both satellite carriers offer significantly less than what they claim. I think you may be right about DISH missing their claimed number by a larger percentage that DIRECTV. I'm less concerned about the differences in how they count than the fact that both are counting some channels that have little to no HD programming. I'm also more than a little tired of both claiming the rather large number of sports specialty channels that have programming only a few times a week.

I believe they're counting On Demand programs.

I hope D11 becomes operational in May (as opposed to Sept). :hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts