when will dish fix HDMI on the 612?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have about had it with DH today Tuesday my retched vip 612 has been rebooting all day long twice up to 45 minutes before it came back on. Is there any end in sight? I have a tech coming out later this week for the second time! The last time they replaced the cable. That last till the next evening called DH and had to jump through a hoop. This morning more hoops when I called not to mention a very rude tech.

I'm wondering how do I get out of my 2 year contract Since this problem is still going on nearly a year later.

The only thing good to come out of this is when you call dish don't push any buttons or answer any voice prompts. A person in the US will answer and not in India.

CCF - Things to try:

1. Have you checked the end of every piece of the cable to make sure the metal wire that runs through the center of it sticks out far enough? They call this the "stinger" and if it isn't as long as the the screw-on part of the coax connector, it could be not quite long enough and cause intermittent connection problems that can cause all kinds of symptons including rebooting.

2. If you have an OTA antenna connected, unhook that for awhile and see if the rebooting goes away.

3. If you have it plugged into a surge protector, plug it straight into the wall. If it is plugged straight into the wall, try an outlet not on the same circuit.

CCF - Things to try:

1. Have you checked the end of every piece of the cable to make sure the metal wire that runs through the center of it sticks out far enough? They call this the "stinger" and if it isn't as long as the the screw-on part of the coax connector, it could be not quite long enough and cause intermittent connection problems that can cause all kinds of symptons including rebooting.

2. If you have an OTA antenna connected, unhook that for awhile and see if the rebooting goes away.

3. If you have it plugged into a surge protector, plug it straight into the wall. If it is plugged straight into the wall, try an outlet not on the same circuit.

When the tech came last Friday he ran a new cable to the receiver. I'll have him check the "stingers" It is plugged into the wall direct. We don't have an ota hooked up to it.

We got an HD TV in Oct and switched to the hd dvr. We have a second reciver that is sd and when this one goes out that one doesn't.

I got a 612 to replace a defective 622. The only problem I have is playback of HD recordings, and that is a Dish software problem not a receiver problem.

I love the 612. It's quieter, cooler and does everything the 622 or 722 does except 2 TV outs and PiP. Which I never used anyway as I only have one TV.

I've come to expect much of Dish's stock to be defective units. It's just one of those facts of life, like death and taxes.

I had a 612 installed about a month ago. The first one the installer hooked up was DOA, so he got another one out of his truck. That second one seemed OK at first, but then we started experiencing the freezing issue (yes, it was connected via HDMI). I called Dish and had them replace it with a 622. No problems since.

They are going to send me a new receiver. I've noticed my tv is a 720p sometime this will flicker on the screen. The white line hasn't been on before or since.
CIMG0042.jpg

It is connected with an hdmi cable. Do you have to set the resolution on the dish dvr? I was wondering if it was set to high would it cause this to happen? The black part is the bottom of the tv.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)