This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

When will the new Primestar sat launch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I installed one at a camper in which 4 or 5 people were living at, what a mess that place was, but they kept it on for the year and paid their bill.

Well I never had Primestar, but my brother n law did. What I liked most about it was the remote. Each button had its own group of channels...news, music, movies, sports etc. VERY nice! Why don't we see that anymore?

They replaced that with the Theme button to try to keep the buttons on the remote minimal.

When I was working at Radio SHack late 95 we were one of the "beta" markets to see if Primestar would sell. Sold a bunch of them on one line

"Univision 24 hour a day"

We had a fair amount of Spanish people and the local cable company had Univision on from 6a-6p then PPV from 6p-6a. The fact they could watch "Sabado Gigante" on Saturday nights now was the reason they bought it.

Although it did suck explaining it to a 8 year old (as it seemed like they'd come in groups of 8-10 people and only the child would understand English and they would translate)

Status
Please reply by conversation.