When will we see MHD on Dish??

I was high on this channel a lot until I saw it on AT&T UVERSE.

Now I could do without it as everytime I turn it on its ALWAYS a Green Day Concert (which was good the first few times I saw it) :)

Bummer. I was hoping it would be all about music vid's like MTV in it's original days. In any case, I think you'll see it on Dish......right after Direct adds it first lol.

I have had very limited exposure as I only see it at my parents house when I visit (on Comcast). The parts I've seen are great, but if there is that much repetition that stinks. I haven't watched enough to see the repeats, but I hope they fix this before it comes to E*.

Things have been really quiet lately in regards to E* adding new national HD content (it seems). I wonder what their plans are?

Are you guys serious? MHD is NO WAY worse or shows more repeats than Rave.

It's much better - the concerts are better and more modern - the video hours are a great mix of MTV and CMT and VH1 videos.. I'm very happy with MHD on FIOS now.

Man - you guys are DISH brainwashed! :D

It's much better - the concerts are better and more modern - the video hours are a great mix of MTV and CMT and VH1 videos.. I'm very happy with MHD on FIOS now.

Being that I am a new E* customer, I know nothing of Rave. I do know that if you watch MHD fairly often the first two weeks you have it, you can stop for about 45 days because itll be the same stuff over and over again.

If E* already has a channel like this, Id rather Golf/VS HD added. I'm sure MHD will get better, but due to lack of content Id rather have something that shows sports in HD.

Personally I would much rather get something like MaxHD over MHD. I was with comcast when they picked up MHD and it was, IMHO, just a waste of bandwidth. As someone else pointed out watch MHD for a cpl days and then you've seen everything thats gonna be on for a cpl weeks. On top of that IIRC, Comcast didnt even send Dolby Digital. Do any stations in your area carry TheTube? I pick it up via Antenna here in denver and while its in standard def the audio is DD and a click of the Zoom button makes it almost as good as actual HD.

You are assuming that your preference for newer, more modern, country, and pop music means that MHD is better for everyone and that anyone who doesn't agree is brainwashed.

Fiber Fanboy! ;)

No Comparison

I have both services. I have to tell you there is no comparison. Rave is so far ahead of MHD. MHD has been playing the same rehashed programs as long as I have had them on my system. I posted this once before, if you think Rave has a high repetition factor then you SHOULDN'T see MHD. Their video quality spotty, they up-convert concerts and videos. If I'm paying for an HD channel, I expect the content to be true HD not unpcoverts. A lot of their stuff has been seen on other HD channels. They have the series Music in High Places which has been seen on other channels, I think it was Universal HD maybe when it was Bravo HD. Everything else has been seen elsewhere, they offer nothing new. Most of their stuff has been seen on MTV or other Viacom channels first. Since MTV Networks is producing less music I wonder where this HD channel will end up. Clearly it is not a priority to the company. Rave on the other hand has a much bigger inventory and they keep adding new things that are exclusive to Rave. Have you seen their Exclusive Premiere programs? They have Later with Jools Holland, Beautiful Noise, the Premiere of Soundstage, (yes, I know it's also on PBS, but they do get it first) a music talk show. At least they are trying to offer the viewer something new and unique. I feel like there is value in Rave. MHD just seems like an after thought. very disappointing. Does MTV think just becsause it has their name on it we will automatically thing it's good? Well it's not. They should stick to reality programs.

I have both services. I have to tell you there is no comparison. Rave is so far ahead of MHD. MHD has been playing the same rehashed programs as long as I have had them on my system. I posted this once before, if you think Rave has a high repetition factor then you SHOULDN'T see MHD. Their video quality spotty, they up-convert concerts and videos. If I'm paying for an HD channel, I expect the content to be true HD not unpcoverts. A lot of their stuff has been seen on other HD channels. They have the series Music in High Places which has been seen on other channels, I think it was Universal HD maybe when it was Bravo HD. Everything else has been seen elsewhere, they offer nothing new. Most of their stuff has been seen on MTV or other Viacom channels first. Since MTV Networks is producing less music I wonder where this HD channel will end up. Clearly it is not a priority to the company. Rave on the other hand has a much bigger inventory and they keep adding new things that are exclusive to Rave. Have you seen their Exclusive Premiere programs? They have Later with Jools Holland, Beautiful Noise, the Premiere of Soundstage, (yes, I know it's also on PBS, but they do get it first) a music talk show. At least they are trying to offer the viewer something new and unique. I feel like there is value in Rave. MHD just seems like an after thought. very disappointing. Does MTV think just becsause it has their name on it we will automatically thing it's good? Well it's not. They should stick to reality programs.

I have to say, that just sucks. There is zero excuse for them to do what you say. There should be new concerts every single week. They have the ability to draw from every genre of music. Anything less than 5 new live (recorded) shows per week is pathetic.

Im glad someone else said it, I agree completely. I am new to E* but he hit the nail on the head about MHD(had it with Comcast). I'd like one or the other, not both. Use the bandwidth for something else, I mean A&EHD is a real waste right now too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)