When you think of the NFL, what network do you think of?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Well, pretty straight forward topic. When u think of the NFL, what network do you think of? CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, even ESPN.

NBC.

Growing up in Buffalo, almost 90% of Bills game I saw were on NBC (except for when NFC teams visited, monday night games, and occasionalm playoff games)

CBS - because of the Redskins. The Skins glory years (1969 to 1992) all were on CBS. Ever since the NFC switched to FOX, the Redskins have only made the postseason 3 times. Plus, the most of the great Colt years under Unitas that I remember, was on CBS - even though they won the Super Bowl the first year of the merger in 1970 when NBC covered the AFC (which the Colts had switched to from the NFL in '70).

FOX -- all Giants games on FOX; except an occasional one on NFL Network; oh wait, then the league bows to pressure from the networks and broadcasts it anyways :)

Did you know that each of their three Super Bowl wins came on three different networks?

Yep, and in the era in which only two networks broadcasted the 2 Super Bowls, the 2 Redskins losses were on CBS and NBC - before ABC started telecasting the Super Bowl.

A Colts avatar?

I thought you were a Redskins fan since the move.

You said on DBSForums that you did not follow the Colts when they moved to Indy.

Personally, I thought you'd choose an avatar of either of Washington's newly-enshrined HOF'ers (Green or Monk.)

Only two NFL carriers have ever done it for me: CBS (both NFC and AFC) and NBC (both AFC and Sunday Night Football).

For me only 1 network, NBC and how bad their PQ is compared to the other networks. I watched the Hall of Fame game last night and tons of macro blocking either via D* HD LIL or via ATSC OTA and the station doesn't have any subchannels on it.

Did you know that each of their three Super Bowl wins came on three different networks?

Did you know that Fox has broadcasted five Super Bowls, and the Patriots have been involved in four of them (2-2 record in Fox Super Bowls)? The only non-Patriots Fox SB was the Broncos rout over the Falcons.

Did you know that Fox has broadcasted five Super Bowls, and the Patriots have been involved in four of them (2-2 record in Fox Super Bowls)? The only non-Patriots Fox SB was the Broncos rout over the Falcons.

I won't bring up what happened the last time New England played in a Super Bowl televised on NBC.

CBS

When I was younger I couldnt grasp the concept of "why the hell do we have to see the Vikes every week?" I wanted to see the other games but Grandpa was a Vikes fan so every week when we would visit it was on Channel 4 from 11 until after the game (WCCO our local CBS)

I think of the NFL ST it may not be a true network, but it does more for my needs than the affiliates except the one game each year; the Superbowl.

Denver....before "the drive" and "the fumble"....I guess because of the "no game can go opposite the local team when they are at home" BS rule we seemed to get Denver on the local NBC all the time so I kinda grew watching them. Still like to see them on occasion (what is funny is 2 of the last 3 years we usually had Denver on the late game on CBS now...this past year was the Pats..duh!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)