Where am I? What do I do to fix this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
So I've decided to move forward and install my SG2100 motor on my Wingard 76cm dish. Please help me find where I am and how I need to set it all up to enjoy my dish & motor combo. I've been enjoying IA5, G3, AMC5, but I want to use the motor and not have to manually adjust.

My zip is: 30062
Latitude: 34.002521 N
Longitude: 84.463291 W

Well, I pointed at true south (as best as I could figure with my compass and adjusted for deviation) and I set the USALS on the Fortec, and entered my lat & long, and told it to aim at AMC 5. It got me about 13%, so I fiddled east & west with the whole motor mounted on the vertical mast, and got it to about 35%.

I did a blind scan, and came up with the following TP's:

And the following channels:

NC 9/3F - Which only shows "_BC NEWS CHANNEL AMC9/3F"

Am I on AMC9 at 83 degrees?

Also of note is on 12.178-h-30.000, it gives me a lock of around 50%, but no channels...

Last edited:
That channel is just the NBC News feed. It is USUALLY there on all the time :)

the rest are data channels

I tried to re-aim it and I got all of the G3C channels (AON, CCTV4, CCTV9, CCTV Spanish)...

So, at this point I'm still slightly moving it and doing blind scans till hopefully I get this right.

Perhaps I should try to do this with IA5 which I'm more familiar with?

Well, Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I still can't get it...

When I set the positioner (USALS menu), do I also need to specify a number in the Diseqc menu item?

NO, you only need to do that with DiSEqC 1.2 Some satellites to the far East and West have to be set with DiSEqC 1.2!

Oh ok, gotcha...

Well, I wonder what the easiest bird to find is for me with the motor? Without the motor I can easily turn to IA5 all day long, but dang, I'm not having any luck with the motor.

zip: 30062

You want to find and store your true south satellite without the motor then add the motor and re-find it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)