Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I saw an ad for Directv this afternoon.

In it, the announcer said "50 million people couldn't be happier."

Um...Directv has around 20 million subs, where are the other 30 million? :confused:

you are confused....they say "50 million PEOPLE" in the commercial, not subs

I am a sub (1 sub of 20 million according to Directv) yet I had 4 people at my house today enjoying the race...thats how they get a number like that. Isnt there some research that says the avergae house has 2.6 people in it or something like that?

well according to this neat chart they do have more full time HD than Dish

Attachments

• compare1109a.pdf
    68.9 KB · Views: 293
I am more interested in what point the OP is trying to make and what it matters for the sake of a relevant TV discussion? LOL

* disclaimer = just yanking your chain

Hd is nice, but for me, not an absolute necessity.

Lets talk just national HD, which is what most people care about in these tough times. :eek:

I just put it out there to show...but its interesting how you decided to troll in here with something that really has nothing to do with the original question...

NotMe546 said:
Lets talk just national HD, which is what most people care about in these tough times. :eek:

Those are national. They are on Conus feed to all regions and anyone can pay to access ever one of those channel

As for the topic, as what others have stated, it is the difference in meaning between households and viewers

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Agreed. I also disagree with false or misleading ads; people who read with comprehension, pay attention and ask questions before "leaping" don't ever have issues with ads. I think that is always a week crutch excuse as opposed to personal responsibility or due diligence.

I just put it out there to show...but its interesting how you decided to troll in here with something that really has nothing to do with the original question...

Agreed. I also disagree with false or misleading ads
I thought that was what the thread was about. But apparently I can't bring up another example of that with out being accused of trolling.

dude what are you talking about? Did you read what charper wrote?
I also disagree with false or misleading ads; people who read with comprehension, pay attention and ask questions before "leaping" don't ever have issues with ads. I think that is always a week crutch excuse as opposed to personal responsibility or due diligence.
So he disagrees with supposed misleading ads. If you do your homework you can see if its true or not. Its kinda like those political ads you see on TV.
Good example I see are those cable ads I get in the mail. oh 29.99 a month for 12 months. But if you read past that its $10 for a HD receiver, $15.95 for a HD DVR, 2 year contract, X amount of an install fee. For fun I went online and ran some numbers for their "29.99" plan and with 2 HDTV's and a SDTV it would cost me $60 a month + a $40 install fee. SO yep thats 29.99 :rolleyes:

and
But apparently I can't bring up another example of that with out being accused of trolling.
when the "link" you posted above is over 2 years old and was more of flame bait...and you dont have D* what would you call it?

dude what are you talking about? Did you read what charper wrote?

So he disagrees with supposed misleading ads. If you do your homework you can see if its true or not. Its kinda like those political ads you see on TV.

and

when the "link" you posted above is over 2 years old and was more of flame bait...and you dont have D* what would you call it?
I see it as this thread is about false or misleading ads. So all I did was bring up an example of that.
I say today arguments can still be made where or not D* is the HD leader. So going back 2 years I see that a perfect example of a false or misleading ad.

Status
Please reply by conversation.