Where are the "Where is the uplink thread?" threads?

db2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
MN
Hey, it's almost 11.30 EST and there aren't any, "where is the uplink report?" threads posted yet. What's wrong?? ;)

We should make this question a sticky. Uplinks dont normally happen until sometime between 1pm and 2pm Eastern Time.

Patience Grasshopper. :D

Scotts Countdown... LOL! :) Counting down to: WWE RAW IN HD PREMIERES ON USA HD - WILL DISH NETWORK HAVE IT? Did not know Scott you were such a big fan of Wrestling. Rick Flair was the best ever... :)

I am trying to prod Dish Network into turning it on. If its not on in the uplink today then I may put a countdown clock on the homepage in the hopes that Dish gets the picture. :)

is it just me or is scott's countdown not right? It says 6 days..its wednesday..raw is on monday. Or maybe they added a day I don't know about.....or it could be a "leap week". :)

If we were going to get USA/SciFi anytime soon, it would have been there by now. There was no advantage to Dish in Delaying it.

They don't pay extra for HD of those channels.

There is obviously some technical problem. A video engineer friend of mine speculates that there is a quality or bitrate problem with decode/encode on the way to the MPEG4 that is sent to the satellite. I know from experience that those are not trivial to solve. Sometimes you need a signal to fit a certain bitrate-format profile, and it just won't.

Is Universal HD distributed in MPEG2 or MPEG4 form?

Anyway, I think you will see Speed HD before you see SciFi or USA. Speed is distributed in the same manner as the BigTen Network by the same people and that is the best Damned MPEG4 HD signal I have ever seen. My understanding is that is one of the few networks sent out natively in MPEG4, which would make things easier for Dish and Directv.

As I recall, Dish tested that BTN signal for about 10 minutes before turning it on. If Speed follows the pattern, they would not even have to test it. Just light 'er up.

There is obviously some technical problem. A video engineer friend of mine speculates that there is a quality or bitrate problem with decode/encode on the way to the MPEG4 that is sent to the satellite. I know from experience that those are not trivial to solve. Sometimes you need a signal to fit a certain bitrate-format profile, and it just won't.

Calling BS on your friend. Technical issue this long? I don't think so anymore. I'm sure it is all down to contract stuff now.

I'm sure DishNetwork has USA-HD and SciFi-HD running on a monitor on the downlink side of the uplink facility. They are just waiting for the "green light" to pipe it on over to the uplink side of the building.

Calling BS on your friend. Technical issue this long? I don't think so anymore. I'm sure it is all down to contract stuff now.

I'm sure DishNetwork has USA-HD and SciFi-HD running on a monitor on the downlink side of the uplink facility. They are just waiting for the "green light" to pipe it on over to the uplink side of the building.

If it takes Dish this long to launch 2 hd channels because of contract agreements, us subs are in for a long bumpy hd ride. Even when Dish does launch the 2 new birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)