Where are they hiding Galaxy 19?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I'm trying to setup an FTA system with a fixed 39" offset dish. (looking for galaxy 19)
Been moving it a thousand times found lots of sats all wrong ones.
I have it on one sat now, not sure what it is, but its mostly scrambled, it has two channels that are not scrambled, Pentagon HD and SD.
Stuff like 02 NHK, 04 Russia Today, 22 NHK AC3, 24 Russia today A, shows up but scambled
It should be where galaxy 19 should be, according to google. I think it might be SES-1 101 degrees west not sure
Is SES- 1 elevation higher IDK
As galaxy 19 is 87 west tried moving it a little east no luck.
Any hints would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Go here: www.dishpointer.com enter your location, select Galaxy 19, Go!f
Yep, you're on 101w. G19 is 97W
enter one or more of the transponders for 97 into the receiver. www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html
Set dish elevation and LNB skew* to what's shown. The pole the dish is mounted to should be perfectly vertical. Aim dish slightly away from the line drawn.
Select one of these transponders in the satellite tune up screen.
Then is small steps, move it towards and past the line. Wait between movements so the receiver has time enough to 'lock' the signal and display Quality. If nothing, readjust dish up or down 1/2 degree and repeat. May have to try up to 2 degrees up or down.
Skew- lnbf is twisted CCW, when facing the dish face(satellite behind you) when the satellite is west of you.

Thanks the transponder thing, might help, I will try tomorrow (i guess as soon as I figure it out lol)
101 to 97 is not much 4 degrees I get he feeling that the SES-1 is drowning out the other sat and when I blind scan that's what it gives me.
A little tweak, and couple transponder codes and maybe I'm there. tnx

...and the movements of the dish east/west are extremely small! Think half of a pencil thickness sized movements :)

Actually, one way I've found 'the next satellite' in the arc is watch an active TP on the one 'I got" and move the dish in the required direction 'till the Q goes to '0'. I've gotten pretty close. Usually close enough to blind scan in the one "next door". And tune up from there. Guess 99W is the 'next' one. then 97.

Hey, before moving anything, mark the pole/mount (rotation)for a reference. The elevation has a scale so that takes care of that. All else fails you have something to 'reset' to.
I've got some poles with marks for 2 to 5 satellites.

In that list:

H is Polarity
11843 is Frequency
22.000 is Symbol rate, but you'll need to adjust it to 22000 for your receiver. (Different unit of measure used on that list, Ms/s rather than Ks/s.)

- Trip

On the freq., if the number is 4 digits, like 3082, the transponder is c-band. If it's 5 digits, like 11843, it's Ku.

you choose the lnb type first,then enter in the tp freq,sr,and polarity.
most receivers won't let you enter in a c band freq if you choose a ku lnb.

Transition from 101 W to 97 W, tested and tried many times in Toronto, also applicable to Ontario:
Mark thin vertical line on dish bracket and its post when receiving 101 W
Turn the dish more South, so the thin line moves by 1.9 mm
Raise the elevation by 1.5 degree, now your dish is pointed exactly to 97 W, although very fine tuning might be reqiured

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)