where can i buy a complete dtv system for self-install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
sc_satdude said:
Where can i buy a complete dtv system and install it myself? Any info or links appreciated.

ValueElectronics.com, ask for Robert and be sure to tell him you are a satguys member and he will kick you a little discount. His link is at the top of page.

I recommend Valueelectronics. There is a link toward the top of the page. You get a discount for being a member of the board! Give them a call you won't be dissapointed. Welcome to Satelliteguys!

I seen several at a local Wal-Mart.....I did a double take thinking I was Imagining them......but there was atleast 2 regular receiver's and 1 D* Tivo receiver.......BUTTTTTTTTT no dishes?!!!

satelliteinstaller said:
any bestbuy

you do not have to let them put it in

Actually that is no longer true. You can still purchase the equipment at full retail from Best Buy, but now all new customer activations are handled through Directv. A new customer will only leave Best Buy with HD boxes or DVR's if they decide to buy them. The basic receivers and dishes are all brought by the installer.

I would also recommend ValueElectronics. Robert (DTV Tivo Dealer) is top notch. He will get you taken care of quickly.

ValueElectronics, forget Bestbuy. Plus ValueElectronics gives us all a discount.

jliehr said:
Actually that is no longer true. You can still purchase the equipment at full retail from Best Buy, but now all new customer activations are handled through Directv. A new customer will only leave Best Buy with HD boxes or DVR's if they decide to buy them. The basic receivers and dishes are all brought by the installer.

Funny I just put 2 BestBuy systems in today.

And I did not bring any equipment

satelliteinstaller said:
Funny I just put 2 BestBuy systems in today.

And I did not bring any equipment

The process was changed by Best Buy's corporate office, all new customers are supposed to be processed through Best Buy's website. If your location is different then it is one of very few.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)