Where can I Buy a DishPro compliant Diplexer?

Ron R

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
And a DP Plus Separator? My local dealer wants to tear my head off so if I have to I'll buy online. The local distributor won't even talk to me without a dish network certification. How hard is it to get certified with dish?

Been there. I can find stuff there but thought I'd check with the guys here. And was also curious about the Dish certification.

No just an independent installer. I don't even know if there is a need for an installer in my area but would like to be able to pursue it.

Look in the Phone book and call some local retailers and see if they are looking for installers. As far as being "certified" no such thing, a truck and two weeks of training with most of Dish Networks Regional Service Providers gets you "certified" Anyway, I can get you a seperator and dyplexer - send me a p.m.

Yes like Wobbie said call your local retailers and ask if they are hireing/training.

here is a diagram:
110---------------------|------------|
119---------------------| - -DP34- - |
61.5/148/129------------|__________|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | - | - | - |
Output to receivers - - - - 1 -2 - 3 -4 --------------------- Dish Receiver
------------------------____|_____--------------------------____|_____
------------------------| Diplexer |---OTA------------------- | Diplexer |___OTA
----------------------- |________| ------------------------- |________|
----------------------------|--------------Run to Receiver--------|

This is the way mine is setup and I think why it will not work if you user port one on the DP34 is because of the power of the switch. The diplexer must have a voltage drop that knock down the power to the point were causes the switch not to work.

He asked for a DPP compatible Diplexer and a separator. He either has a DPP Twin or a 44 switch. Anyway, try to find the highest freak range as possible. I buy from perfect 10 and Dow electronics, and they sell Diplexers that run up to 2300 Mhz. If you use the 2150 Mhz diplexers, you may have some side effects. I do not know, because I only buy 2300 Mhz diplexers.

As far as certification, there is SBCA certification. You can look up SBCA satellite training on google to find a class near you. Its $200 for level 2. You'll need that to contract with somebody like Perfect-10 or Metron, IIRC.

ok, what about diplexing the 61.5 feed into a DP34 or DP44? I am using just some RCA branded ones I had and it seems to work on my DP34. Can I assume when I swap out to my DP44 tonight I will continue to be ok?

So you feed the OTA and 61.5 signal into the third satellite input of the DP34 switch? If so then it should work on DPP44, but it seems like I tried that and it did not work on my setup. So it may be receiver dependent.

Yeah, except I diplex cable and the 61.5 feed. Its worked flawlessly into my DP34 so far. Once spring hits, I will try to aim at 129 again so I wont have to diplex anything...

wied said:
here is a diagram:
110---------------------|------------|
119---------------------| - -DP34- - |
61.5/148/129------------|__________|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | - | - | - |
Output to receivers - - - - 1 -2 - 3 -4 --------------------- Dish Receiver
------------------------____|_____--------------------------____|_____
------------------------| Diplexer |---OTA------------------- | Diplexer |___OTA
----------------------- |________| ------------------------- |________|
----------------------------|--------------Run to Receiver--------|

This is the way mine is setup and I think why it will not work if you user port one on the DP34 is because of the power of the switch. The diplexer must have a voltage drop that knock down the power to the point were causes the switch not to work.
Nice diagram - from experience I know it's a lot of work to do. Note to readers: 119 should be on port #1 of the DP34, and 110 on #2. Yeah, it usually works the way he has it, but the operative word is "usually". ALWAYS put 119 on port #1 of whatever switch you're using.

wied said:
On a DPP44 you would still need to use port 2 due to the fact that the power inserter hooks up the the line connected to port 1
Unless you use a high-current rated diplexer between the power inserter and the DPP44.

Kirby Baker said:
ok, what about diplexing the 61.5 feed into a DP34 or DP44? I am using just some RCA branded ones I had and it seems to work on my DP34. Can I assume when I swap out to my DP44 tonight I will continue to be ok?
I find it hard to believe that that is working. Probably a faulty DP34 - because they are NOT supposed to pass OTA signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts