Where can I buy Expressvu on Prince Edward Island?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
I own a cottage on PEI. I would like to get Bell Expressvu installed. I have a 5100 Bell receiver that needs the new smartcard. It works fine as I have it hooked to a Dish but it only receives the preview stations plus the Canadian "Biography Channel". I figured I would buy a cheap system in PEI with a 3100 or other cheap receiver with installation. I would then bring my 5100 when I go on vacation and order the new upgraded card. I would then take it back to CT. Does anyone know of a good authorized sales/installer? I will be in PEI June 26 to July 4.

Thanks
Murray

Please keep in mind that the way the new Nagra 2 cards are set up, if you leave the receiver unplugged for more than a couple days the card will unsubscribe and you'll have to call back into Bell for a rehit on the receiver. This corrects a defect in the way authorization was handled in the original Nagra encryption.

pretzelboy said:
if you leave the receiver unplugged for more than a couple days the card will unsubscribe and you'll have to call back into Bell for a rehit on the receiver.

FWIW, you have to have the receiver out of the data stream for 7 days for that to happen. Which in itself is fine; I just wish somebody had told me that before I moved the last time.

When you say unplugged does this mean not hooked up to a dish or just plugged into the wall without any cables connected?

Thanks
Murray

it's going to have to be plugged into the power and dish. It needs a constant signal to update the keys or it times out. The receivers aren't really off when they're 'off'. The guide is always updating and the encryption is still running.

Thanks for the answers! Since I am pressed for time I decided to buy the receiver from a Charlottetown Radio Shack store. The price is $99.00 with free installation if I agree to sub to 2 years of service. The Radio Shack Sales Associate said that only a single LNB dish comes with the package but there is programming on the other satellite I would like to receive. Since the 3100 & 5100 are both "Dish Pro" compatiable receivers, can I use a Dish 500 ( I have an extra 500) with a dual lnb to receive both satellites? I have a standard dual LNB & a "Dish Pro" dual. I would rather use the "Pro" as the check switch is much quicker.

mjschuyler said:
Thanks for the answers! Since I am pressed for time I decided to buy the receiver from a Charlottetown Radio Shack store. The price is $99.00 with free installation if I agree to sub to 2 years of service.

You must be aware that by signing a Canadian contract that your system will be tied to that Canadian location and phone number. If they call that number, during their random checks, and you are on "vacation" at your home, Expressvu will disconnect your service - even if you are paying by credit card.

If he stays at 1 or 2 recievers he should be fine. Especially with just 1.
Mail is a concern though. If your Bell mail is returned by Canada Post, they will shut off the account.
For the Location ID phone call, can always have call forwarding of some sort if he feels the need.

I currently have 3 recievers and have yet to have a call, my in-laws with 2 have never had a call in the years they've had Evpressvu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)