Where can I move to to get National Locals - not Spotbeamed - on 110 or 129

heathriel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I'm on my boat, cruising down south to Mexico, and where I am currenly I'm still getting my San Diego locals -

However, I couldn't get an RV waiver because all of the San Diego (even the CW) channels are in HD. They even have HD Telemundo in S (not on Dish).

So, when I get out of the SD spotbeam, but still have either 110 or 129 (I only can lock on to one satellite at a time), what address can I move to so I can get national locals, and which will I get?

RV Waiver

Boats qualify for an rv waiver. Lots of boats have antennas on marina posts, you would of course need to send by fax to Distant Networks an up to date registration for the boat, I am sure you have fax cap over Ham Internet. New York locals are on the 119 conus beam, you will miss all of the spotbeam parts but will get NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and one more. Need to possibly give the address of a New York Marina, slip xxx, since you are on your way there! Is cold and windy in the Sea of Cortez...Have a safe down swell sail....

If he's off San Diego...

I bet he can rule out 129, especially the current one. Not sure what the footprint of the new one will be in that area, but if all the conus go spot, he's out of luck!

Boats qualify for an rv waiver. Lots of boats have antennas on marina posts, you would of course need to send by fax to Distant Networks an up to date registration for the boat, I am sure you have fax cap over Ham Internet. New York locals are on the 119 conus beam, you will miss all of the spotbeam parts but will get NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and one more. Need to possibly give the address of a New York Marina, slip xxx, since you are on your way there! Is cold and windy in the Sea of Cortez...Have a safe down swell sail....

It is not New York. Dish can't offer Distants anymore. You have to go thru All American Direct, in which case you will get San Francisco and Atlanta networks. If you are wanting to move for HD locals then it would be to one of the aforementioned cities on 129.

Not sure where New York came from, since I'm going to be in Mexico.

I tried to get the RV Waiver for the boat through All American Direct 4 months ago, they said I couldn't get it because of my San Diego address - the San Diego stations aren't granting waivers.

I get 129 loud and clear, and am expecting that to get stronger with the new satellite.

119 is the one I have issues with, hence I only tune in 110 and 129 - plus, there's no HD on 119, so I only go to 119 when there's a new firmware update.

I tried to get the RV Waiver for the boat through All American Direct 4 months ago, they said I couldn't get it because of my San Diego address - the San Diego stations aren't granting waivers.

I get 129 loud and clear, and am expecting that to get stronger with the new satellite.

119 is the one I have issues with, hence I only tune in 110 and 129 - plus, there's no HD on 119, so I only go to 119 when there's a new firmware update.

What does a new firmware update mean? What does it have to do with you getting 119? :confused:

Not sure why San Diego should matter with an RV waiver. You might want to try again. I live in an area with locals (no exemptions granted by them) - but the point of the program is if you are mobile in the RV (boat) you no longer can get your locals.

New firmware updates for the box (VIP722) are broadcast on the 119 satellite. I have to tune into 119 to get them whenever they're available. They're not on 110 or 129. At least, I've never gotten one from them.

Those of you who have normal multi-satellite setups just get them overnight as usual because you're locked onto 119 already.

All American Direct informed me that San Diego stations weren't issuing the waivers, and strongly encouraged me not to try, because it would be expensive (as you have to pay per channel, whether they accept it or not).

Since you can only "move" once a year, I just wanted to know where I'd have a good chance.

Yeah, hopefully.

Or, maybe we'll stay in the footprint of San Diego all the way down. (Yeah right.)

If not, I'll go Bell Expressvu.

You should not have to pay anything to submit a waiver. The All American channels are not in HD, so if you want that, then moving to somewhere on 129 will work. Until the new satellite and spotbeams start coming on line in a few months

I "move" about every other month. If you are inquiring about All American Direct find an address in lower West Virginia and you will be eligible since lower WV is in a B grade area.

All American Direct informed me that San Diego stations weren't issuing the waivers, and strongly encouraged me not to try, because it would be expensive (as you have to pay per channel, whether they accept it or not).

For RV waivers the local stations do not have to approve it. They must be requiring the waiver because they think you will be living in the San Diego area not in the boat or RV?

I have an RV waiver- did not have to apply or need any waivers. If I wanted them for my house I would need waivers, which they would not approve.

People move all the time, Dish does not care. Just go on line to your dish account, do the CSR chat, and your done. Try LA or NY address with appartment number.

Just do not try an RV waiver with a leased box. I tried that and got a slap on the wrist from tech support that I was not to remove a leased box from the service address. Now the service address was nowhere near where the box was at this time ;). Pick an address at one of the CONUS HD signals and you should be fine, but I agree that they will all probably go to spots soon.

Just do not try an RV waiver with a leased box. I tried that and got a slap on the wrist from tech support that I was not to remove a leased box from the service address. Now the service address was nowhere near where the box was at this time ;). Pick an address at one of the CONUS HD signals and you should be fine, but I agree that they will all probably go to spots soon.

It is all a guess, as we don't know what they will actually do. However, if I had to make a guess, I would bet on the Denver DMA staying CONUS for several reasons. First, the Denver DMA is HUGE and does not fit into any single spotbeam. Second, there are no currennt spotbeams that cover the northern Wyoming portion of the DMA. Third, this is the home DMA for DISH, so leaving this CONUS allows them to set up demos and booths across the country without customizing for the region.

But, as I said, it is all speculation at this point.

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing (Denver). It looks like Chicago and Denver are the only ones that have both CONUS SD and HD locals, and since I'm West coast, MST is closer to normal broadcast time than CST.

So, we'll see in 5 days if the boat is still within the San Diego spot (in Cabo) with our 18 inch gyro dish. If not, service address will change to Denver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts