Where can I "move" to to receive the East Coast HD DNS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crimsonblake

Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
I just recently moved from Mobile, AL. to Hattiesburg Ms.

In Mobile, I was able to receive all local HD signals OTA no problem. Upon moving to Hattiesburg, I have discovered a few locals have not converted to HD and will not allow waivers. I also have a HD-Tivo and MUST have HD DNS to keep my season passes going (I CANT MISS 24!!)

I've "moved" before to avoid a blackout and now I'd like to "move" to receive HD locals. What is a zipcode in that is w/o a question so far removed from civilization that a request for waivers isn't necessary? I just want to call D* give them "my new address" and bam receive HD locals.

Just move to Fairfield County CT. You get all the new york locals and the HD feeds, you get about 20 channels total.

Crimsonblake said:
I just recently moved from Mobile, AL. to Hattiesburg Ms.

In Mobile, I was able to receive all local HD signals OTA no problem. Upon moving to Hattiesburg, I have discovered a few locals have not converted to HD and will not allow waivers. I also have a HD-Tivo and MUST have HD DNS to keep my season passes going (I CANT MISS 24!!)

I've "moved" before to avoid a blackout and now I'd like to "move" to receive HD locals. What is a zipcode in that is w/o a question so far removed from civilization that a request for waivers isn't necessary? I just want to call D* give them "my new address" and bam receive HD locals.

These are the locals you could get. I think they are CONUS not spot beam, they are the NY/NY Locals... The Dark side of the moon would be be a white zone as well, so you would be able to get all DN's from there.

Questioner said:
You will be too far from that spot beam to get their locals.

Available Channels

CBS WCBS 2
NBC WNBC 4
FOX WNYW 5
ABC WABC 7
UPN WWOR 9
WB WPIX 11
PBS WNET 13
PBS WLIW 21
PBS WNYE 25
I WPXN 31
AA WNYN 39
UNI WXTV 41
TMO WNJU 47
PBS NJN 50
IND WLNY 55
IND WRNN 62
IND WFME 66
TFT WFUT 68

I think Questioner is correct; the OP is physically in MS and wants to change his service address to receive east coast DNS, and if he uses your Fairfield County CT location only the big 4 are CONUS and that all the others are spot beamed and that beam does not cover MS. And according to the ones I checked on LYNGSAT, most of those are spots.

Charper1, is correct. I have a couple of NY receivers set up in South Carolina. The big 4 networks and the 4 NY sports networks come in just fine. The rest are on the spot beam.

Pinkfloyd said:
The Dark side of the moon would be be a white zone as well, so you would be able to get all DN's from there.
Unfortunately the DN's are within the (CONUS) "spotbeam" that doesn't hit the back side of the moon. :D

charper1 said:
I think Questioner is correct; the OP is physically in MS and wants to change his service address to receive east coast DNS, and if he uses your Fairfield County CT location only the big 4 are CONUS and that all the others are spot beamed and that beam does not cover MS.

Howdy "neighbor" :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts