Where can you look to find out what's on satellite 129 and 61.5????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
I have a recently installed 1000.2 dish installation.

As with everybody else, it doesn't take much to have problems with satellite 129 and it seems that a lot of what I watch is on that satellite.

I happen to have a 61.5 Voom satellite still on the roof that one of the two installers were able to hook up to, to start the download while the other installer was getting getting the 1000.2 planted....so I know it'll work.

What I'm trying to find out is if 61.5 carries the same programming as 129 and if so, what would be the best way to hook it up to the incoming signal. The 61.5 dish is about 100ft closer than the 1000.2 dish due to line of site issues with Western Arc.

Thanks in advance for all useful answers.

rcdallas,

Thanks for the link to the chart.

The consolidated chart is showing channels on 119 that are clearly on 129. The individual chart for 129 seems to be correct (spot checking).

Now if I can only find how to connect them. I'd like to inject the 61.5 signal at the house (not 100 ft away). How can I do that? This is with a 1000.2 system.

If you have a 1000.2 you should have an LNB in port on it >> Simple connected 61.5 in the LNB in port >> Check switch and 119 110 129 61.5 should come in

mystic

Thanks for the reply.

My situation is that the 61.5 dish is on the house and the 1000.2 is 100 feet out in the yard.

I had an extra coax burried so there is a way to do it as you suggested without much hassel. Only concern is signal loss as 61.5 would effective have to travel 200 extra feet. Is there a device that can be used to insert the signal into the cable at the house so I can avoid this signal loss?? Something like a combiner that'll pass DC voltage. I guess another question is if the signal loss in using such a device would be less or more than the extra cable.

Which transponder do you peak on 61.5? Seems that the system wants to default to 11. On 13, I can get a solid 80, but the header label changes from transponder to spotbeam.

rcdallas,

Thanks for the link to the chart.

The consolidated chart is showing channels on 119 that are clearly on 129. The individual chart for 129 seems to be correct (spot checking).

Now if I can only find how to connect them. I'd like to inject the 61.5 signal at the house (not 100 ft away). How can I do that? This is with a 1000.2 system.

Please e-mail the link on the big chart with any errors you see!

Thanks
Tony

mystic

Thanks for the reply.

My situation is that the 61.5 dish is on the house and the 1000.2 is 100 feet out in the yard.

I had an extra coax burried so there is a way to do it as you suggested without much hassel. Only concern is signal loss as 61.5 would effective have to travel 200 extra feet. Is there a device that can be used to insert the signal into the cable at the house so I can avoid this signal loss?? Something like a combiner that'll pass DC voltage. I guess another question is if the signal loss in using such a device would be less or more than the extra cable.

I have a similar setup. I have my 110/119 in the back of my lot, ~60 feet away from the house. My 61.5 is on the house. I have four cables buried going to the 110/119 dish. The 61.5 is connected to one of the "extra" cables from my 110/119 to the LNB in port on the 110/119. To sum it up, the 61.5 cable is about 120 feet in total length and the signal strength is ~70. I'd like to point out that it is ~70 on the "bold, yellow letters flashing that message on your point dish screen" strength meter, to avoid confusion:rolleyes:

I know that my setup isn't exactly like yours, but close. The dish installer told me that the length could be up to 250 feet, without any sort of signal boosting modification. I haven't verified if what he told me is correct.

I've just got the wiring done and repeaked 61.5.

Got a question. How does the 722 know which satellite to use when they use the same channel number for both satellites. Could I disconnect the 129 LNB from the switch or is that basically a bad idea. I didn't see 3 wires going to the switch from the LNBs when I was connecting the coax for 61.5 to the input fitting.(taking another look at it, it looks like its all moulded together.

Edit: Well it crashed and burned. I was getting several searching for satellite messages. Disconnected the coax for 61.5 at the 1000.2's connector for Input which felt fairly warm to the touch. Now I can get those channels that I was having problems with.

Evidently there's an incompatability using the Voom dish for 61.5 through the 1000.2's input. Does anyone know anything about this. What would you recommend for a single 61.5 dish.

Last edited:
mysticphaze69 said:
If you have a 1000.2 you should have an LNB in port on it >> Simple connected 61.5 in the LNB in port >> Check switch and 119 110 129 61.5 should come in
Not so fast. If that 61.5 LNB was used for a Voom receiver it is equivalent to a Dish legacy LNB which can't be used with a DishPro or DishPro Plus switch. The 1000.2 has an integrated DPP switch.

The 61.5 dish will need a DP Dual. Those have a D-shaped fitting so you'll need to shop around for either a DP-equivalent with a rectangular fitting or a new dish.

The HD channels on 61.5 and 129 are the same except for locals and some of the RSNs.

Charles,

For the hour or two that I had the Voom dish hooked up, it sporadically worked.

A question that came up was how would the system know to use 61.5 over 129 since both satellites use the same channel numbers?

Found the answer to my own question. For anyone else interested, you have to cover the 129 thingy on 1000.2 and do a check switch. System won't recognize 129 and will recognize 61.5.....if you do it right.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)