Where do I start in my effort to upgrade my old Dish 500 system to Dish 1000?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CapoDi

Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
The Colony, Texas
I have a Dish 500 system with a single coax running to my Echostar 2800 receiver to get premium stations. I also have an off-air antenna I use for local stations and cable to get access to the internet and 60 or so analog cable stations.

My plans are to purchase a HD monitor or television to replace my aging 15 year old 35" RCA console.

I have installed a number of C-Band, Direct TV and Dish 500 systems in the past. I am just really confused as to where to start.

I am hoping someone can give me some direction as to what all I would need with respect to hardware, switches, splitters and cabling in my effort to upgrade my system.

I am looking at the 811 receiver and the DISH 1000 dish, both of which are listed on ebay. I am really open as to where to purchase this equipment, ebay was my second stop. I got very little help from local retailers...

I would appreciate any direction someone might be able to give.

Thank you...

its really not a big deal. if youve pointed a dish before this ones no different. no switch is needed if you only want to add an 811. point it just like you would a dish500 and 129 should just be there...fine tune at your leisure. You will need to run a short jumper from the DP dual (the 129lnb) to the single port on the DP+ lnb, this combines everything for you. then a single line to your 811, check switch, selct alternate, run, done, cancel, yes....you shold be golden...oh yeh dont forget to ground it.

keep in mind this is all assumption as i havent done one but....

The above solution sounds attractive.

What sort of prices have you found for the 811 and for the Dish1000 ?
(looks like their 1000 price went down about $12 in the last few weeks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)