Where does 811 get OTA guide info from?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
okay, I've seen conflicting info on this, so wanted to ask the question before I buy one.

Where does the 811 get OTA guide info from?
Is it info remapped from the equivilant local in local?
Or does it actually read the PSIP stream?

Also, do any of the digital sub-channels have any guide data? Baltimore PBS has PBS Kides on 67.4, and be nice to know whats on, as the kids would love that station.

thanks

I get no program info any of the local digital signals, just "No Information Available". Please note only the local PBS station is broadcasting in HD. The local CBS affiliate has no digital signal at all.

The program information for the analog OTA channels at my location (PA) is apparently from New York networks stations (look at the time slots for Local News). This info is only applicable to NBC, ABC and CBS. None for FOX - anyone know why not ?? I thought maybe because Rubert owns Direct TV and FOX ? In one of the set up screens where you link a local OTA analog to a network NBC, ABC and CBS and NONE are the only choices.

When I have tried (many times) to discuss with Dish Advanced Technical Support they immediately claim NO Responsibility for Over The Air !!

Any comments from others would be interesting.

Bob

As I understand it, the 811 uses PSIP data broadcast from your local channel for the first couple of hours of Guide information, then appends based on information for the equivalent analog station. If your local station doesn't provide PSIP data, No Info. If the 811 can't figure out the local analog equivalent, No Info. Folks, DTV is in its infancy, have some patience. I remember my family's first TV in 1953. It had a lot of shortcomings, but we were thrilled to have it anyway. People just don't seem to appreciate how far we have come and where we are at anymore. Any new is great until they find out it isn't perfect right out of the gate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts