Where in the world is “Channel One Network?”

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Techfizzle, that headend is so sweet. We had it at our school. It allows you to do "live" mode. It involves pressing 2 buttons @ the same time to turn the TVs on, then your pretty much "live" throughout the school's TV system.

Yeah I remember the old big Grey channel one head end unit from High school. Prssing in both buttons at once would turn on tv's on etc.. :)

Inside the old gray analog setup they had two vcr's and a sat receiver. You could put a tape in the vcr accessable from the front to play back a school news cast or record special programming fed overnights on the channel one analog transponder. (or once in awhile used it to show "movies" as rewards to us kids) The VCR that actually recorded the show was not able to be accessed from the outside of the unit.

In my high school (this was back in 1998) we had also a Analog VC++ C-Band Dish/receiver hooked up to pass though our channel one receiver, we could watch "Much Music" and other chanels that where "FTA" back in the day during lunch on the tv's :)

I remember becoming a "good kid" in school and talking to the tech teacher about the satellite dish all the time and one day as a reward he let me have the remote and "move it" from bird to bird to search for what was on (it was also my job my senior year to come in at 07:30 am and "press" the two buttons on the Channel 1 unit (since I had tech class 1st period) to play the channel 1 show to all the rooms.

HTML class? Why, back in 1994, when I was a freshman, I took a class called "Communications Technology" because I thought it was all about how to network computers together. Turns out, it was about using "technology" (computers) to produce "communications" (flyers, newsletters, documents, etc.) - but I did get a free tour of the local printing industry and a free lunch out of the deal.

They had channel 1 at my middle school, 92-93 with the magnovox tv sets and I've heard they could turn them on remotely but they never were. They did an all call telling people to turn it on.

It was unpopular with students and I remember it being mostly ads. At some point after I left the school canceled the deal and channel 1 took the tvs back.

Now all the schools in the district have tv sets or projectors hooked up to expanded basic.

Somehow, my high school (at least, the one listed on my diploma) got away with only showing Channel One every other day, apparently due to block scheduling. Unfortunately, it was in the one class with a really cool teacher, that would give us the quiz answers before he woke up the sleepers to take the pop quiz.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)