Where is 9443 - the fish channel??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
My dish was recently repointed so I could receive HD locals. The 9443 demo channel (the Fish channel) is gone? Is this permanent?

Many people can pick up 61.5 in California.

Remember VOOM use to be on 61.5 and we had a lot of folks here from CA who had Voom. :)

But why do we have to make a choice?

I switched to 129 as well to get the local HD's and discovered the fish channel was gone. Since all the other HD channels are available on 129, why not the fish channel?

Actually, I'm not even sure why they have a HD demo channel since you need a Dish HD receiver to view it. So it's not going to generate any new programming sales for Dish no matter what satellite it is on...

BTW, I am in Southern California and had Voom. No problems except during rainstorms. And I had my HD channels on 61.5 when I switched to Dish. My only reason for switching to 129 was to get the locals.

This channel was a great way to show off our HDTVs back in the the days (6 years ago) when there wasn't much HD content on. I also understand that the channel had a high bitrate (probably still does).

Yes, I was getting 61.5 since 2004 when I had VOOM. My grandson had a name for the yellow butterfly with the long nose (long nose butterfly??) He called it "Eric." Oh, well, at least I have a recording of it for him to watch.

But why do we have to make a choice?

I switched to 129 as well to get the local HD's and discovered the fish channel was gone. Since all the other HD channels are available on 129, why not the fish channel?

Actually, I'm not even sure why they have a HD demo channel since you need a Dish HD receiver to view it. So it's not going to generate any new programming sales for Dish no matter what satellite it is on...

BTW, I am in Southern California and had Voom. No problems except during rainstorms. And I had my HD channels on 61.5 when I switched to Dish. My only reason for switching to 129 was to get the locals.

Same here!!!

I only switched from 61.5 to get the local HD channels. But I sure do miss the fish...:(

Waht are the hours of operation? I have never seen this channel on my 622 and I see 61.5.

It was the only 1080X1920 MPEG2 channel on E*.

SOB, SOB, no more fisheys. I'm turning my wing dish to 129 - take that Charlie!!

Ooops now I read that it's really gone. DAmn. Oh well, at least I can go to the Long Beach Acquarium and make my own video. On the last video I saw the exact tank where they filmed the fish for this show. (But it won't be HD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts