Where is PBS?

ndennis

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern US
Just got my AZBox Premium HD and I'm trying to find the PBS channels.

I'm using my 4DTV to move my BUD.

I upgraded my firmware but I do not have AMC 21 Ku as an option in the AZBox. Am I missing something? Shouldn't that satellite be mapped?

Thanks,

Dennis

I could have sworn it was in there...in fact I know its in there in the newest firmware

It might be listed as Galaxy 14 which is the C-Band side but it is listed

The satellite is ndeed listed as "C-Band: Galaxy 14".

You needn't worry that it shows C-Band though. Just change the LNBF Frequency (local oscillator frequency) to match your Ku band LNBF and add the transponder frequencies and symbol rates required, then scan.

You can have both C and Ku band TPs on the same satellite listing, but both may not work at the same time since the local oscillator frequency will be set for the entire satellite and not individual TPs. If you need to do this, then you will eventually need to add a new satellite at the same orbital position (one dedicated to C-Band and the other dedicated to Ku).

RADAR

I thought there were 2 listings (C & KU) for 125?

I dont use those satellites in the list due to my setup. I have 2 "added" satellites

I'm having a hard time finding the the satellite (I found a few others okay).

Can the AZBox Premium HD can see the PBS HD feeds?

I have Firmware 0.93877 which was the latest.

Just change the LNBF Frequency (local oscillator frequency) to match your Ku band LNBF and add the transponder frequencies and symbol rates required, then scan.

I don't see any way of getting the TP frequencies to Ku. How do I add the new frequencies?

I have Firmware 0.93877 which was the latest.

I don't see any way of getting the TP frequencies to Ku. How do I add the new frequencies?

NDennis,

You need to change the local oscillator (or LNB Frequency) to 10.750 first (or 9.750/10.600 if you are using a Universal LNBF).

Then, you need to go to ADD/EDIT SAT/TP option and highlight the TP Frequency line and press the GREEN remote button to ADD TP.

You will have to enter the TP frequency, symbol rate, polarity and data type and press OK.

RADAR

Then, you need to go to ADD/EDIT SAT/TP option and highlight the TP Frequency line and press the GREEN remote button to ADD TP.

Thank you. I already tried that, but just now figured out that when you are in TP Frequency you simply type the values. I was looking for another prompt.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Thank you. I already tried that, but just now figured out that when you are in TP Frequency you simply type the values. I was looking for another prompt.

Thanks again,

Dennis

I had forgotten about that option. If you simply attempt to type over the TP frequency, it will ask you if you want to "EDIT or ADD" the TP. Either method works fine.

RADAR

Is PBS on anyother satellite than at 125?

Sony,

If you can pull it in, Telstar 14 @ 63.0° W TP 11.966 V SR 11280 has 10 channels for SCETV (South Carolina Educational TV). CREATE and ETV World are here, but most are feed channels.

Lyngsat has this TP information listed incorrectly. They have it listed as 11.959 V SR 4340 and that is outdated.

Telstar 14 used to be Estrela do Sul. It is my weakest satellite that I can still pull in with a 75 cm dish in the Omaha, NE area. I am currently using a 1.2 M dish which helps the signal quality.

RADAR

S...

Telstar 14 used to be Estrela do Sul. ...

Not particularly important, but as has been discussed before, this sat has been Telstar 14 from the day it was launched. It's name was not changed. It always had 2 names.
I think the Estrela do Sul part refers to the South American coverage, and Telstar 14 refers to the CONUS coverage. SCETV has been on this sat for years, it's just that their signal there was DCII with parameters not easily receivable by 4DTV owners, so it's existance was not well known, but owners of commercial DCII receivers were well aware of it. But since SCETV was the main CONUS user of the sat, and people didn't know about it, Lyngsat didn't use the T14 name until the SCETV signal switched to DVB.

Anyway, not important, it's just a name, but the official name has been Telstar-14 since it was launched, actually before it was launched.

Not particularly important, but as has been discussed before, this sat has been Telstar 14 from the day it was launched. It's name was not changed. It always had 2 names.
I think the Estrela do Sul part refers to the South American coverage, and Telstar 14 refers to the CONUS coverage. SCETV has been on this sat for years, it's just that their signal there was DCII with parameters not easily receivable by 4DTV owners, so it's existance was not well known, but owners of commercial DCII receivers were well aware of it. But since SCETV was the main CONUS user of the sat, and people didn't know about it, Lyngsat didn't use the T14 name until the SCETV signal switched to DVB.

Anyway, not important, it's just a name, but the official name has been Telstar-14 since it was launched, actually before it was launched.

Ah ha! That clears that up for me.

Thanks B.J.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts