where is PBSkids?

Charlie has said in the past that it is "too expensive" and "enough childrens content alread on" or something along those line.

mwgiii said:
Charlie has said in the past that it is "too expensive" and "enough childrens content alread on" or something along those line.

AKA "We haven't been forced to carry it during contract negotiations."

Good use of the tax dollars that helped create the shows in the beginning. Nothing like coming back to gouge us again.

TNGTony said:
Yup. PBS kids is one of the most expensive non-sports channels out there.

See ya
Tony
Really? How much do they want from Dish? How much do they get from DirecTV? How much do they get from cable systems? You do have actual numbers, I assume, or you wouldn't have made that statement. You also have number of similar channels to base the comparison on, right?

Or.....were you being sarcastic?

Not being sarcastic. Most cable systems get the channel from the local stations as part of the overall carriage deal and even then it is in the highest digital tier.

I have no idea what DirecTV is paying for it, nor care because this is not a DirecTV discussion. DirecTV has a history of rolling over and paying what it takes without question and then passing it off to their stockholders in the continual streak of red ink.

PBS Kids is one of the most expensive non-sports channels there is. Nothing fabricated. I don't make things up. I don't have to to impress anyone.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
PBS Kids is one of the most expensive non-sports channels there is. Nothing fabricated. I don't make things up. I don't have to to impress anyone.
I'm not looking to be impressed. I'm just looking for the fact, or some other explanation behind your statement. I still haven't seen it, BTW.

I would love to have PBS Kids for when my niece and nephew visit, and my opinion is that PBS Kids is WORTH being one of the more expensive non-sports channels. I still scratch my head about Dish being literally the ONLY provider in and around my area to NOT carry Oxygen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts