Where is the ALCS 6th game on TBS-HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Is anyone getting Game 6 of the ALCS on Channel 247 TBSHD?

Because I'm not.

They are showing a Sitcom on 247 for me right now. And it is 8:22 EDT and the game is definitely underway, as I'm getting it on the radio.

Okay, it just came on at 8:28, 28 minutes later than the guide.

Apparently there were "technical difficulties" in the TBS Atlanta office.

It would have been VERY NICE if they had put up a tickler at the bottom of the screen of sitcom to say that. I can't believe they didn't do that.

I wouldn't have had nearly as much an issue, if TBS had simply put up a notice along the bottom of their screen, stating that due to technical difficulties the ALCS broadcast was delayed.

I wouldn't have had nearly as much an issue, if TBS had simply put up a notice along the bottom of their screen, stating that due to technical difficulties the ALCS broadcast was delayed.

They did scroll a message, but not constantly. It said "We are experiencing technical difficulties that prevent us from showing the game between Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays. It is in the second inning and the score is 1-1" or something close to that.

It scrolled through about 3 or 4 times in a row at about 7.20 CDT and then went away. They should have just kept it on there constantly.

Last edited:
It's hard to believe how fragile one 'device' can be to a program.

Did the following message happen?

In place of the game, TBS had televised an episode of "The Steve Harvey Show." A crawl on the screen ran repeatedly, saying: "We are experiencing technical difficulties."

I also found this quote kind of funny.

At the Cask N Flagon outside Fenway Park "People were in a little uproar because they thought we didn't put the game on. They were just screaming at us to put it on and try all the other stations -- Fox, TNT," Fusco said.
Finally, Fusco said the staff had to use a PA system to explain the technical problems to the capacity crowd of 700.
Some customers yelled for them to at least put the game on the radio, but the bar didn't have one.
"People watched 'Steve Harvey' until it came on," Fusco said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press at
ESPN - Technical difficulties prevent start of Game 6 from being aired - MLB

It's hard to believe how fragile one 'device' can be to a program.

Did the following message happen?

In place of the game, TBS had televised an episode of "The Steve Harvey Show." A crawl on the screen ran repeatedly, saying: "We are experiencing technical difficulties."

I also found this quote kind of funny.

At the Cask N Flagon outside Fenway Park "People were in a little uproar because they thought we didn't put the game on. They were just screaming at us to put it on and try all the other stations -- Fox, TNT," Fusco said.
Finally, Fusco said the staff had to use a PA system to explain the technical problems to the capacity crowd of 700.
Some customers yelled for them to at least put the game on the radio, but the bar didn't have one.
"People watched 'Steve Harvey' until it came on," Fusco said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press at
ESPN - Technical difficulties prevent start of Game 6 from being aired - MLB

You have obviously never programed a cisco router then. What I find funny is the two routers were on the same circut breaker. whats the point of a backup if the ciricut fails and both are on the same circut.

goaliebob99 said:
What I find funny is the two routers were on the same circut breaker. whats the point of a backup if the ciricut fails and both are on the same circut.

The story actually says two SEPARATE breakers tripped; causing both the master and backup to be knocked offline; its is easy to read that the master was one one breaker and the backup was on the other breaker; NOT both on the SAME breaker.

The question should be why are they housed in such close proximity and why was there no UPS backup?

"Two circuit breakers in our Atlanta transmission operations tripped, causing the master router and its backup -- which are necessary to transmit any incoming feed outbound -- to shut down," TBS spokesman Sal Petruzzi said in a statement.

You have obviously never programed a cisco router then.

Do you think this will be the response from the IT department of TBS broadcasting?

You could throw my main breaker & it would be business as usual for two hours (using four monitors). Climbing on my roof & blocking both dishes would cause more interruptions then any router. I'll bet they are discussing this first thing this AM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts