Where is the HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If the fishing channel shows hd, and no one is there to see it, is it actually hd? Think about that one.

Yes, they both have. For a few weeks now.... the newer movies on HMC are (at the least 16:9) in HD (such as that really cheesy miniseries "Pandemic" - French Stewart in a serious role, Puh-leese) and WFN has been at least 60% HD programming for about 3 weeks now.

Yes. I've caught a few shows on WFN that were in HD and I was pleasantly surprised. I do fish, frequently, and I really enjoy any bass fishing show.

HD refers to lines of res., a channel that has 480p is enhanced def. a channel with a res. 720p - 1080p is HD ..... REGARDLESS of wether or not it is in 4 x 3 or 16 x 9 aspect ratio.

I would rather be out fishing myself instead of watching some redneck on TV...;)

Careful you might offend the redneck members. Hmmm... I'm tempted to think of some WFN redneck jokes but the angels of my better nature wouldnt allow it. :p

Careful you might offend the redneck members. Hmmm... I'm tempted to think of some WFN redneck jokes but the angels of my better nature wouldnt allow it. :p

That's okay. They can fire back at me and call me a tree-hugging hippie...I would take that as a compliment! :p

I'd like to ask the same thing about History HD? I guess I just have bad timing, but everytime I go to watch something, it's like plain old upconvert & stretch. I am talking about prime time too! I wanted to watch the "Batman Tech" last night (let the nerd comments start :)) and low and behold, not HD. This is a new show because it's based on the new "Dark Night" movie that has just come out. It was stretched letterbox & I had to manually zoom the TV to get everyone in the proper aspect ratio :( btw, the show was produced this year :(

Dark Knight

I'd like to ask the same thing about History HD? I guess I just have bad timing, but everytime I go to watch something, it's like plain old upconvert & stretch. I am talking about prime time too! I wanted to watch the "Batman Tech" last night (let the nerd comments start :)) and low and behold, not HD. This is a new show because it's based on the new "Dark Night" movie that has just come out. It was stretched letterbox & I had to manually zoom the TV to get everyone in the proper aspect ratio :( btw, the show was produced this year :(

It's Dark Knight not night. It was enjoyable even though. I didn't expect much since they were having to use outtakes supplied by the studio most likely on DVD.

It was letterboxed on the SD channel, I watched it there and zoomed it to full screen.

Walt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)