Where Is The New SlimLine Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Well it has been some3 months and no new news about the AT9 replacement dish. It was even in the rumor mill about techs seeing the training video. But, I have not been able to confirm it.

Does anyone know when this puppy is going to make it to market?

don't know about when it's going to hit the market but the tech that came and installed the dish in my house about a month ago said that they had their training video on it just that same morning that's why he showed up at 2:30 instead of anywhere between 8am and 12pm....that is after rescheduling. first it was on a tuesday, then on thursday, and he came on thursday about 4 hours late :)....nevertheless, he drilled additional holed on my house b/c he didn't know how to use a tape measurer and he couldn't turn the dish to the right azimuth when he drilled the first holes, so he was there until about 6pm, but he did get it done...i guess that's all that matters, the water running into the bricks of the house is nothing important apparently.

OneBigJedi said:
Well it has been some3 months and no new news about the AT9 replacement dish. It was even in the rumor mill about techs seeing the training video. But, I have not been able to confirm it.

I have consistently heard late fall, but after the supply of the current version have dwindled down.

I hope new dish will get as good of a signal as the old one. I kind of worry about it because with a smaller dish there is less surface to catch a signal. I hope it works as good as it looks.

well...it can either get a signal, or it can't, and the way you adjust your alignment and azimuth and elevation and tilt is what matters, it will be able to get signal, and pretty good signal, anywhere between 85 - 95 i believe

And just because the SlimLine is not going to be as tall, its width will be more, thus the overall surface area in square inches will likely be the same and could even be more. It is also possible that there could be better LNBs included. It has already been explained 3 or 4 times in many of the other SlimLine threads; they can be found with the search tool.

One example is:

Current 5LNB dish size: 25.5" (h) x 29.5" (w) = 752.25 sq in reflector

One possible SlimLine size: 22" (h) x 34.5" (w) = 759.0 sq in reflector

Current Dish1000 dish size: 23.8” (h) x 30.9" (w) = 735.42 sq in relector

Last edited:
There must be some reason they designed 5lnb dish in a square ugly size. Normally dish would be round. So square design should have had a reason. Now Slimline design is completely different. How can it get same signal from a bunch of satellites? And I understand that in ideal no-wind-perfect-alignment situation it would work great but in real world we have winds, misalignments and obstructions thats why the bigger dish the better.

edit: scratch my whole post, after closer examination of the pictures it appears that the 101 still is in the center slot.

Last edited:
re you looking for a "real deal" or the marketing photo? Ahh, I see you are offline right now so I will post the one I have. It is not an install pic, but a marketing pic.

Attachments

• slimline dish.JPG
    slimline dish.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 315
charper1 said:
re you looking for a "real deal" or the marketing photo? Ahh, I see you are offline right now so I will post the one I have. It is not an install pic, but a marketing pic.
I was actually looking for one that is being used in the field .....

Jimbo

Here are the images. Sure looks like a residential install, but what is it mounted on? Doesn't look like a OEM foot/mast. The LNB "head" looks like it is designed to be expandable; meaning maybe two open spots on the right that are "aimed" toward the reflector for future spots. Anywhere on that thread did they post the reflector's dimensions, composition, and weight?

Attachments

• IMG_0004_SlimLine.JPG
    IMG_0004_SlimLine.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0005_SlimLine.JPG
    IMG_0005_SlimLine.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
charper1 said:
Here are the images. Sure looks like a residential install, but what is it mounted on? Doesn't look like a OEM foot/mast. The LNB "head" looks like it is designed to be expandable; meaning maybe two open spots on the right that are "aimed" toward the reflector for future spots.

He said the installer mounted it on one of the exhaust pipes on his roof, heh.

No weight or dimensions yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts