Where is the SatDreamGR North America Image ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

I'm anxious to try out this image as I've heard a lot of good feedback from those who were testing it.
I was hoping it would be released this week as I had the week off from work and plenty of time to play around with it. Any word on a release date besides "soon ?" ;)
Thanks in advance.

John

Reactions: Titanium
It's not released officially as of yet. Be patient, it shouldn't be much longer. You can download the regular one from the SatDreamGR forums, and I have that in slot 1, and it has a lot of the same stuff. Even US sats. You can use that to get ready for it, if you'd like.

As far as I can tell, the generic version is just missing some Plugins (that can easily be added) and the NA background image, and a few tweaks here and there. Could be more, as I didn't play with it long before El Bandido gave me a RC copy of NA SatDreamGR. I haven't strayed from that as of yet, until I'm more used to this. It's pretty easy to catch on quickly, once your brain stops freezing up from the initial setup.

What about "OpenVIX" makes you love it so much? I have 2 slots left for future use, lol.

In general, I think the GUI is more intuitive and customizable. It's also the only image I've found so far that allows a 12-hour time format for the on-screen display. The blind scans have found all available TP's every time without fail.

In general, I think the GUI is more intuitive and customizable. It's also the only image I've found so far that allows a 12-hour time format for the on-screen display. The blind scans have found all available TP's every time without fail.

Those both are powerful reasons to try it out... Though there's probably a plugin or tweak somewhere that will allow a 12 hour clock in SatDreamGR.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

OpenVIX is my favorite image and the GUI is very clean and simple. It is the only 12/24hr user selectable image that I know of.

Once it does the blind scan, it also gives you the option to choose which TP's to scan for channels before it looks for them. This is useful for eliminating known data feeds such as those on 87, 91 and 103. I believe OpenSpa might also have this capability, but I don't recall.

Most images allow this selective service scan. In Blind Scan mode, change the Search Type to Scan for Transponders.

In this setting, the Transponder Log process is completed then a second screen allows the user to exit or select TPs before performing the service scan.

20190221_152926[1].jpg

Last edited:
OpenVIX is my favorite image and the GUI is very clean and simple. It is the only 12/24hr user selectable image that I know of.

Brian.

Are you saying you prefer OpenVIX over the NA SatDream GR image ?
What if anything, does the NA SatDream GR have over the OpenVIX ?

John

The main purpose of the North America Project is to provide an Enigma2 start-up Wizard and menus which are configured for North American hobbyists and make the start-up feel familiar for first-time Enigma user with only appliance STB experience. I suspect that in the future, this start-up wizard and menu (GUI) customization will be used with other images and STBs, regardless of the brand or reseller. I am amazed at what I am seeing!

The North America Project wizard experience presents only compatible resolutions and 60hz refresh rates by default, a North American satellite list covering from 0w-180e, familar LNB LO settings, advanced blind scan, automatic time sync with internet time server and a custom Glamor Aura skin with a customized weather app and bitrate plugins. The North America Project uses the SatDreamGR image that El Bandidio has incorporated some very advanced scan features and advanced reporting. For SDR-RTL users, MCelliottG has introduced some advanced plugin features for not only FM broadcasting listening, but also advanced settings for shortwave, amateur radio and public service monitoring.

If you are already familiar with Enigma2 images, you may prefer one of the many other images available. The great thing about Enigma2 is that the user can choose the operating experience and plugins that fit their wishes and needs.

The North America Project will make the introduction to Enigma2 easy and familiar for anyone used to the menus of any of the brands and models of appliance STBs sold in North America over the past 15+ years.

Loaded the Openvix image for the first time today on the mio4k. Once I had it setup in slot 1 it was easy to use the Image manager to make a full backup on the hard drive and flash to slot 4 . I like that. Also found Multiboot manager,can use that to Erase slots.
Change the skin to Simple_Ten_Eighty and it will look like OpenPli.

Reactions: Babadem
The main purpose of the North America Project is to provide an Enigma2 start-up Wizard and menus which are configured for North American hobbyists and make the start-up feel familiar for first-time Enigma user with only appliance STB experience. I suspect that in the future, this start-up wizard and menu (GUI) customization will be used with other images and STBs, regardless of the brand or reseller. I am amazed at what I am seeing!

The North America Project wizard experience presents only compatible resolutions and 60hz refresh rates by default, a North American satellite list covering from 0w-180e, familar LNB LO settings, advanced blind scan, automatic time sync with internet time server and a custom Glamor Aura skin with a customized weather app and bitrate plugins. The North America Project uses the SatDreamGR image that El Bandidio has incorporated some very advanced scan features and advanced reporting. For SDR-RTL users, MCelliottG has introduced some advanced plugin features for not only FM broadcasting listening, but also advanced settings for shortwave, amateur radio and public service monitoring.

If you are already familiar with Enigma2 images, you may prefer one of the many other images available. The great thing about Enigma2 is that the user can choose the operating experience and plugins that fit their wishes and needs.

The North America Project will make the introduction to Enigma2 easy and familiar for anyone used to the menus of any of the brands and models of appliance STBs sold in North America over the past 15+ years.
So Titanium can i just plug in my tv antenna to mio 4k and get fm and sdr signals? Thank you

So Titanium can i just plug in my tv antenna to mio 4k and get fm and sdr signals? Thank you

NO, not quite that easy.

The built-in tv tuner is a DVB-T2/C tuner for Europe. You can buy various usb ATSC tuners that will work over here, but it's extra cost to do so. Then it'll work for your local tv.

Hauppauge models 850, 855, 950, 955 will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts