Where is VOOM's future going to be?

I just don't see why D* or E* would want to buy Voom. They are both doing great as it is. How would they benefit in a way that they aren't cabable doing themselves? E* needs someone with deep pockets and media connections, and without so much debt to parner with in order to keep competing with D*.

If Cablevision want to sell Voom, I think they need to find someone in a slightly different market that could gain something down the road by integrating their products together. Or that could benefit by expanding their own media offerings into the DBS arena and enhancing Voom with interactive features via internet or cellular access integrated into the receiver. They need to think out of the box.

- jame

DarrellP said:
I am not talking about SD programming, I watch HD only. I raised a major stink with Dish about 3 months ago because HDNET & HDNET Movies was going downhill faster than a skier out of control and they responded immediately, even giving me 2 personal contacts: 1 is a VP for PQ and the other a compression engineer.

I am in constant contact with these guys if there is even a burp in the PQ and if you have Dish, check out HDNET, it is looking better now than it ever has. I agree Dish could give a rat's ass about SD, all of it looks like crap.

I don't know what you are talking about comparing E* & V*, but the channels I get in the Dish HD Pack are tons better than the same channel on V*, which is: TNTHD, ESPNHD and DiscoveryHD. I don't have the Plus Packs so I can't vouch for the Movie channels.

They might care right now but I forsee them giving their HD the SD treatment like DirecTV has done to add more stuff. Theyve proved they will do that with SD content.

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
If VOOM is bought by echostar then we could get all the channels Dish gets as well as the voom channels :) Am I correct on this?
Sounds good in theory...but, like all good things...I'm sure this would come with a price tag. :( Of course, we both know VOOM ain't goin' nowhere. ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
First off, I want to say from where I sit VOOM is NOT dead.

There will be some changes at VOOM and maybe even a name change however VOOM will continue to exist in one form or another.

Again I will say I do NOT see Echostar buying out VOOM. I know I am one of the few saying that, but I feel that Echostar has its own plans and they can get them done without VOOM.

Whatever happens to VOOM, I am going to sit back and watch and enjoy all the HDTV VOOM gives me today.
Any second thoughts on that, Scott?

I think Dish Network will have that satellite moved closer to their core slot. They cannot do as much with it there at 61.5 as they could at a slot that can be used nationally. I also wonder if Dish Network will get the lease rights to the satellite that was supposed to go to 72. I am also wondering if VoOm already paid the channel providers an x number of dollars for programming over a certain period of time already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts