Where to buy 6' solid near Twin Cities?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
After getting crappy results on ku with a 10' mesh, I'm looking for either 6' or an 8' solid. I'd like to avoid shipping charges and just pick it up in person............I'm close to the St. Paul / Minneapolis area.....

Try Radio City in Mounds View. It is a ham radio store, but they have all kinds of electronics. I was there several years ago and it is cool :)

I had very decent results with a 6' mesh dish and Ku signals, the trick is that the Ku signals will not be at the same azimuth as C-Band signals, also you have to optimise the skew for Ku signals and the C-Band signals will drop slightly!

"I know where a 6" solid dish is that may be available for free (Would need taken down from the roof of a bar)

Believe me, I tried 'peaking' az/el the whole ball of wax when I had the bsc621 on the 10' mesh, still terrible ku results. I lost about 20 points of signal vs. my .4 Fortec that is one one of my 36" P* dishes. I think my only alternative is to get a larger solid dish (6 or 8') to pull in both c/ku signals.

p.s. regarding the possible free 6-footer on the bar....I'm not to keen on heights.....how big of a job would it be?

Its pretty high, so may be a 2 man job.

Backyard Bar and Grill, Richfield just of I-494

Its pointing at the ground to the east, been that way for many a year!

I am sure you would pass about 10 free solid BUD's on the way to get it :)

Thanks PSB.....I think I'll pass and keep looking...maybe I'll go after one from Sadoun.........used them before, good folks

Sadoun said:
Thank you. Here are the Fortec C-Band dishes we have in stock now:
http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/C_Band_satellite_dish.htm
I'm looking for the best solid dish to get c/ku using my bsc621 c/ku lnbf. I will also need a polar mount as I will hooking the mount to a von weise actuator that I currently have on a P* dish. Will I be able to retro-fit my current polar mount (it's for a 10' mesh, but I've already retroed it to work with a P* dish) or will I have to buy a polar mount specifically for the Fortec?

Sikma,

The mash dish is not yore problem the problem is the C/KU LNBF.

Get yore self a real feed horne like the Chaparral C/KU CoRotor II plus and stop messing with those imitation C/KU LNBFs

Have one, prefer the BSC 621-2 one coax cable does it all.
I am getting good results with a 6' mesh dish on Ku signals :up

I did optimise the LNBF for Ku signals (Including modifying the LNB cover) adjusting the skew and F/D while locked on a ku signal. C-band signals did suffer but the end results were worth it.

Attachments

• Pict0098.JPG
    Pict0098.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 156
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)