Where to buy eternabond or bishop tape?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdtv_md

Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Does anyone know where I can buy Bishop tape (tar tape) or eternabond in the SF Bay area? I can't seem to find it at Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace Hardware.

What do people prefer? Bishop tape or Eternabond? I'm super worried about having a leaky roof!!!

Thanks!

Eternabond, is usually available at Roofing supply houses. ABC Supply, Allied Building, etc. I'm not familiar with the SF area but you should be able to find one.

You also shouldn't have too much trouble getting it either, Eternabond is primarily a roofing product but it's also used by other trades.

Is this on a shingle roof?

If so I would recommend the pitch pad/tape. Better yet, roofing cement.

Locate the mounting positions of the main bracket and the mono poles. Spread a layer of roofing cement on the those areas about an 1/8" thick, overlapping about 2" around the bolt holes. then apply a layer of reinforcing cloth, (sold right next to the roofing cement usually a 4" wide roll.) then another 1/8" layer of cement.

Install the mounting pads. with the proper lag bolts. If it makes you feel better cover the bolt heads overlapping onto the bracket.

The roof cement is available in standard caulk tubes at any home center.

I'm not an installer, I'm a commercial roofing estimator.

The Eternabond is a great product for low slope (flat) roofing membranes and flashing into them.

It really won't stick too well to the granulated shingles.

One other thing.... DO NOT use Silicone on your roof. The stuff is great for windows and counter tops, not asphalt based roofing products.

Good Luck!

Putty like "Duct Seal" is what I prefer. It is the same petroleum based material that is found in pitch pads; only less sticky. Since it is petroleum based, it is very compatible with asphalt shingles; also a petroleum based product.

A one pound block costs $2 at either Home Depot or Lowe's. It is found in the electrical department.

I also use it to seal cable entry holes.

Thanks so much for the detailed response!

It is an asphalt shingle roof. I'll take your advice. I just needed some step-by-step directions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)