Where to find installer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Ive been looking for someone to help me replace my LNB for almost two months now and cant find anyone. A few people have recommended that i find a directtv or dish installer and ask for help. Well...does anyone know how to find one? I swear, I used to see them all the time but nothing when I actually nee them lol. FTAinstall.com has proved to be a bust as well. Thanks.

Ive been looking for someone to help me replace my LNB for almost two months now and cant find anyone. A few people have recommended that i find a directtv or dish installer and ask for help. Well...does anyone know how to find one? I swear, I used to see them all the time but nothing when I actually nee them lol. FTAinstall.com has proved to be a bust as well. Thanks.
Also try posting your location (state and county or town) here. Someone from the site may live near you and be willing to lend a hand. :)

Are you unable to change it yourself? If you are physically able I'm pretty sure we could talk you through it.

I could easily do it but I'm too chicken to work on a ladder like 20+ feet up! I might just pay a company the 100-150 it costs to change the LNB and run a couple lines. That way they have insurance and all that good stuff too.

Hopefully you can find someone to do it then.

If not, if conditions allow and the height doesn't bother you, you might look at renting scaffolding or a manlift of some sort.

If you know what your doing, might be cheaper if you have a cousin, brother, aunt, MiL, etc that has no fear of heights, you could talk them through it and save a bunch. Just offer to do chore for them.

I requested a quote for a lift sufficient for that height and they asked for $360! I'll just pay the $100-200 it costs for the hour or two of work.

Is this for a Ku-Band or C-Band dish?

Indianapolis, darn! I found an installer; not the cheapest but better than the other place or two I could find. I guess I dont really mind since they have insurance though--that is actually important to me since the satellite is on the roof. Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)