Where to get Cables

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I was just wondering where a good cheap place to get HDMI cables. I was at BB yesterday and they wanted frickin 80 bucks for a 6 ft cable. So i was just wondering what a good brand was and a good place to buy them online. Thanks alot.

of if you dont want to wait you can go to walmart they have them for 30-35, I got mine from BJs for $22 its a Belkin.

go to ebay and type in HDMIFACTORY for seller

I bought 3 already and they are perfect and very fast shipping

6 FT $7.95 shipped

12 FT $12.95 shipped

If you don't see an auction for your size or if you want to "Buy It Now"

Ask the seller a question and they will respond with their e-mail to do a Paypal transfer.

If you decide to go this route, you can tell them you were referred by Ebay member CAMARO-MAN

I wouldn't buy from Monoprice. Some of their cables are almost free. Only for $3.09 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Cable male to male 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated) | 28AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables A 6 Ft HDMI cable for $4.80? no thanks. You do not get something for nothing in this world. I stick to name brands at the best price and shop for the best deal on them.

Yeah, there you go - pitch for the OVERpriced junk.

Where are your specs proving that you are not getting the same as what you would pay $69.95 at Best Buy for?

You are not getting anything for free at monoprice but you ARE getting the same quality or better for 1/10th the price because they are not trying to line the shelves of Best Buy and Tweeter.

To each his own - you can have the overpriced stuff and I will continue to pay for product and not pay for the name.

When you demonstrate a Materials Analysis and Performance testing review on Monoprice versus NAME BRAND, if Monoprice is selling junk, I'll eat crow right here.

I seriously doubt you will be able to prove that Monoprice doesn't match or exceed the quality of any name brand sold other than an ultra-niche extreme high end product like Meridian speakers that sell for $100,000 each.

Whatever... :)

I wouldn't buy from Monoprice. Some of their cables are almost free. Only for $3.09 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Cable male to male 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated) | 28AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables A 6 Ft HDMI cable for $4.80? no thanks. You do not get something for nothing in this world. I stick to name brands at the best price and shop for the best deal on them.

You must be joking come see me at Best Buy for your $124.00 cable that cost us $6.72

I disagree 100% with you. I have now purchased everything from 3 ft toslink cables to a 100' HDMI cable from monoprice and they all work perfectly. It costs money to develop the "name brands" that you are talking about buying (advertising). How do you think the company pays for this name brand development? Answer: by charging you more for the same thing. Anyone who pays more than they they are listed for on Monoprice is just getting ripped off. Plain and simple.

Logic like this is what keeps Monster in business. I have multiple Monoprice products in use from computer cables, component cables, Cat5, optical, firewire to HDMI cables. They all work fine. I rarely buy the first tier from Monoprice and go with the premium line.

Interesting article - doesn't explain how there are many Monoprice customers using 35 and 50 foot HDMI cables with 1080p just fine. It also didn't include 1080i bandwidth or testing. HDTV OTA/Cable/Sateliite won't be 1080p for awhile, maybe a long while.

Stick an HDMI repeater on the end of those long Monoprice HDMI cables and show me the "test" results...

I 'd bet not a lot of people are using 35 FT plus cables and 1080p.
I can live with a lot of people using long runs for 720p and PJs. If 720p gets through then 1080i can since 1080i is really 540i.
I agree adding a repeater is ther real answer to getting the performance and keeping the costs down too.

I 'd bet not a lot of people are using 35 FT plus cables and 1080p.

You are right about that, 6 to 12 feet is all most people will ever need.

All Monoprice needs to do is increase the gauge of the wire in their longer HDMI cables. In the end, gauge is the single most important factor in wire. Monster used to have a demo setup in Circuit City back in the day with a spool of 24 gauge wire and a spool of 16 gauge Monster cable. Of course the Monster cable sounded better, there was less impedance. However, go get a spool of 16 gauge lamp wire and the sound would be the same.

Some people just need image I guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts