Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
I just got the new C-Band setup going...

My question is:

If you had to park your C-Band dish on one satellite, which would it be? Why? Wildfeeds? Normal Lineup?

Wow that is a very hard decison to make, you will be setting it up to move in the near future right? I would say I guess for wildfeeds IA-5 for analog C-band wildfeeds.

Or galaxy-12 if you subsrcibe to analog programming, well depending what you sub to.

As soon as I can get my hands on a polar mount. I have been to look at two so far and both had problems.:(

I'm kind of in the same boat just because I need to locate and run / bury some satellite ribbon cable for my 5' mesh.

My actuator / VBOX are on the way.

Please share if you find a nice place to park the dish :cool:.

What LNBF are you using? ASC421?

I have a polar mount and dish, but its rusted in place :(. I have my work cut out for me. Any recommendations on a good rust buster?

Poking around Lyngsat it's a tough decision.

I'll probably park on G10R for now and check out the Outdoor Channel.

As for rust.... It looks gimmicky as heck but I swear by Pro-Long if you can get it locally. It's just a penetrating oil though - you probably want something to get rid of the rust.

Shawn95GT said:
Poking around Lyngsat it's a tough decision.

I'll probably park on G10R for now and check out the Outdoor Channel.

As for rust.... It looks gimmicky as heck but I swear by Pro-Long if you can get it locally. It's just a penetrating oil though - you probably want something to get rid of the rust.
I plan to totally disassemble the mount and clean all the rust with a wire brush then prime and paint it, but I dont want to risk busting a few of the adjustment screws. The mover on it I think is frozen solid, and I doubt I would be able to find a stepper motor for it. If not, I will probably park it on G10.

AMC1 had a lot of good "wholesome" style programming (CTN mux shows flipper, dennis the menice, bonanza etc) along with PAX East/ central/west and RIA italia for analog -there are about 15 channels there. As far as my kid is concerned that is all the satellite tv we need ;)

G4 has some interesting stuff on it, worth a blind scan ;-). g11 has the Fox Movie channel and sometimes the fox sports channels are in the clear. Guess it all depends on what you want to watch.

Shawn95GT said:
What LNBF are you using? ASC421?

ASC-421 from PSB on 180cm Fortec from Sadoun.

I am hoping to "fix" the dish somewhere before dark, but that is fast approaching :)

Attachments

• mini-farm.JPG
    mini-farm.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 241
questic said:
ASC-421 from PSB on 180cm Fortec from Sadoun.

I am hoping to "fix" the dish somewhere before dark, but that is fast approaching :)
Well cool - I've got the same LNBF. I'll have it on the dish until I get a receiver that'll controll the polarotor for my C/Ku feedhorn (3500s is looking good).

I have been thinking the same thing, I just can't make myself get off the money just yet. ASC-421 is a workhorse though...

Dish is now parked on G11 for the night, seems to be a good choice so far.

Mosquitos are something fierce tonight.:deadhorse

The best rust penetrating oil I have found is Kroil. It is sold by Kano labs out of Nashville, Tn. I freed up an old tractor engine with it. They call it "the oil that creeps". I did have their email but i bet you can google it. Bryce

shinnery said:
The best rust penetrating oil I have found is Kroil. It is sold by Kano labs out of Nashville, Tn. I freed up an old tractor engine with it. They call it "the oil that creeps". I did have their email but i bet you can google it. Bryce

:confused: huh?

Status
Please reply by conversation.