Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Boston

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • NY Yankees

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Yankees. He is all about the money. For me it wouldnt even be a choice. Why the heck would he want to leave Houston? Close to home, its still millions dude, gets to see family. Ridiculous that its even a topic in my opinion.

I doubt he will go to Boston. He doesn't like the FO and he is not a fan of that loud mouth Schilling. I think it will be the NYY or he will stay in Houston. He is pretty close with a lot of the guys in NY including Torre and Steinbrenner. But they won't allow the type of free reign, when it comes to the schedule, he has in Houston.
You never know with Roger.

-SNT

Not to get too off subject, but isn't Boston becoming and evil empire as well??? They both have big payrolls, don't they? Granted there is a $70 million gap, but Boston is #2 in payroll.

Also, some fans have extremely short memories.

For example, Damon gets boo'd and cheered last night on his return to Fenway. Every fan that boo'd him should be banned from Fenway. There should be a statue of him and every other player that were crucial contributors to the Red Sox that finally made it past the Yanks on the road to the title...

Signed....Lowly Cubs Fan

He wants a contender...he should change things up and come to the Mets! He and Pedro would make quite a tandem!

(Heck...I'd take about anybody to get rid of Zambrano!!!!!)

If he leaves houston (doubt it...), he's headed to New York.

Which team is anyone's guess. The Mets make more sense at this point than the yankees...

Pedro/Clements on the Mets will be awesome!!!! they will blow away the National League which happens to be a weak league to begin with.

I'm a big Rangers fan, and I can already tell you he won't come here.

Ameriquest Field in Arlington is a hitter's ballpark. No pitcher of his caliber would want to pitch here.

I think he should just stay right here.... of course I am biased. :)

He might actually be fresh in the playoffs if we get there this year, instead of playing awesome during the season, and running out of gas at the end when we need him the most in the playoffs! I hope he enjoyed his time off... :D

Boston fans are puzzling? Youre right we should be more like St Louis fans who clap for everyone. :rolleyes:

Or the short memoried yanks fans who boo'd wells on his return to the bronx last year ..yet chastise Boston fans for booing Damon this year.

Best part of the night was the fans in the bleachers tossing fake money over the wall at Damon.

As it has been stated on the airwaves around here lately Its one thing to divorce your wife and be done with it. Its another to divorce your wife and then marry her sister. Thats exactly what Damon did.

As for baseball fans in general...fans west of PA. or south of DC. just dont get it.

boston area dtv said:
Boston fans are puzzling? Youre right we should be more like St Louis fans who clap for everyone. :rolleyes:

Or the short memoried yanks fans who boo'd wells on his return to the bronx last year ..yet chastise Boston fans for booing Damon this year.

Best part of the night was the fans in the bleachers tossing fake money over the wall at Damon.

As it has been stated on the airwaves around here lately Its one thing to divorce your wife and be done with it. Its another to divorce your wife and then marry her sister. Thats exactly what Damon did.

As for baseball fans in general...fans west of PA. or south of DC. just dont get it.

Typical RSN nonsense. No one mentioned anything about Damon.
I don't care if you boo Damon or not. But you really can't compare what Damon meant to the Red Sox with what Wells meant to the Yankees. A fair comparison would have been if Bernie signed with Boston a few years back. I have a tough time believing that he would have gotten booed his first at bat at the stadium wearing a RS uniform.

Chado said:
Not to get too off subject, but isn't Boston becoming and evil empire as well??? They both have big payrolls, don't they? Granted there is a $70 million gap, but Boston is #2 in payroll.

Also, some fans have extremely short memories.

For example, Damon gets boo'd and cheered last night on his return to Fenway. Every fan that boo'd him should be banned from Fenway. There should be a statue of him and every other player that were crucial contributors to the Red Sox that finally made it past the Yanks on the road to the title...

Signed....Lowly Cubs Fan

Well let me correct you here. I dont wanna point any fingers or mention anynames but ......ummm...Chado mentioned Damon.

I guess a major difference between Wells and Damon is that Wells loved NY. Wanted to stay. But the Yanks tossed him to the curb. As for Damon he took more money. Hey I dont blame him. But when you sign with the enemy dont expect for us to blow ya kisses when you come home. He is not the prodigal son and we are not running around slaying the fatted calf for him.

Clemens will come here..we will cheer him...ofcourse if he stinks..we will let him know.

boston area dtv said:
Well let me correct you here. I dont wanna point any fingers or mention anynames but ......ummm...Chado mentioned Damon.

I guess a major difference between Wells and Damon is that Wells loved NY. Wanted to stay. But the Yanks tossed him to the curb. As for Damon he took more money. Hey I dont blame him. But when you sign with the enemy dont expect for us to blow ya kisses when you come home. He is not the prodigal son and we are not running around slaying the fatted calf for him.

Clemens will come here..we will cheer him...ofcourse if he stinks..we will let him know.
Sorry, I missed the part about Damon.
Wells wasn't "tossed to the curb". The Yankees decided to go younger and signed Vasquez, then had an opportunity to get RJ and took it. I would bet that ANY team would jump at that.
A couple of problems with Wells is that he took himself out of a World Series game when he should of toughened it out due to the taxed bullpen and the importance of the game. Also, his trash talking about the Yankees management and other players, even in his book. This was all BEFORE he signed with Boston. So he would be more deserving to get booed, in my opinion.
Damon's version is that the RS didn't not really make an effort. Reminds me of Andy Petitte a couple years ago. The RS front office has a different version.
As I said before, I don't care if Damon got booed or not. Although, I don't condone of throwing things at someone.

I seriously doubt that Clemens will go to Boston for reason I have previously stated.

-SNT

Lol

boston area dtv said:

OK Ken Burns! Please teach us hicks in the midwest about baseball! God some east coast folks are so stuck on themselves. I guess the USA would be so much better if it was just the original 13 colonies. St Louis fans respect the game, if a player on the other team makes a great play we enjoy it and give them there due; nothing wrong with that. You should try enjoying the moment too, after your first SB victory ( we dont need to talk about who u beat lol!) at the parade, instead of cheering for the Pats you start a "Yankees Suck" chant. While I agree, me thinks it was the wrong time. Anyway, hope we can another shot at you in the WS

dantheman77 said:
St Louis fans respect the game, if a player on the other team makes a great play we enjoy it and give them there due; nothing wrong with that.

I seem to recall Game 6 of the NLCS last year in which the St. Louis fans were very gracious to us after we won and got our first WS berth in Astros history. Nothing but class from the folks in St. Louis...even being err... "friendly" rivals... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)