Where would you guys begin? (newbie with lots of free stuff)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brabo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hello everybody I've been reading your notes for a couple weeks and you seem like a great group. I'm glad you don't tolerate theft or hostility. This is my first post, tell me if I'm in the wrong forum. Anyway, I got a bunch of free equipment by posting a request on my local freecycle yahoo group. I've got a President 900 analog C and Ku receiver that I can't find any info on, a 7' smallmesh Winegard dish, mount and Zarl 3018 motor, an offset 40" channelmaster dish w/Ku LNB, and a DSS 18 dish with LNB. I bought a signal meter and am getting hits across my horizon. My question is, what setup would you guys pursue to get the most out of my free equipment? Thanks

Personally i would set up the 7 foot winegard, that should give you fair c and ku band reception. Then i would puchase a DVB reciever, there are a lot of good ones out there, take a look in the reviews section.

Thanks, would you try to use the existing C band LNB on the Winegard dish and rig a newer Ku LNB next to it or look for a combo C/Ku LNB and replace the old LNB? Would the old dish motor work with the DisEq(sp?) switch and DVB receiver?

i would look for a c/ku combo such as the Chapparel Corotor. If all you are looking for is FTA (not subscription) then pick up a pansat reciever such as the 2700 or the 3500 and a V-Box II. The Pansat can control the polarotor, and the vbox will control the dish movement via diseqc commands from the pansat. Very slick system for c/ku band FTA ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)