Wherefore thy name?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mine is T for Teresa and York is my last name thats my story how boring.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Vicki, are you the ONLY Voomer in Rocklin as far as you know?

I have yet to see another Voom dish anywhere.
I'm not sure. Last summer I talked to a guy who had VOOM and was a HD beta tester for our local cable company, Starstream Communications. Haven't seen him posting lately, and was in fact thinking about calling him to see if he's still on VOOM and to chew the fat about the quality of our cable HD offerings (all 5 of them). :) Another fellow contacted me through SatGuys to ask about reception issues, but I think he eventually decided to hold off...said that Comcast was rumored to be coming into Rocklin. I had not heard that before, and have no idea if it's true. Doesn't matter to me...I'll be VOOMin again on 3/3!! :D

I think I'm gonna just drive around this weekend and scout for dishes, though!! :) Vicki

"SeattleVoomer1" almost says it all except we had intended just SeattleVoomer but screwed up the first signin. And "Gill" is the real deal. Use "Seattlesatelliter" over on VOOM/Yahoo although started as SeattleVoomer there as well but an infected computer at work wasn't liked by the Yahoo server and the account was banned.

Yipes, midnight and still watching VOOM--Starz 262--at the moment--under clear Seattle skies, Gill

Another boring one. Dutch guy living in Kentucky with a french first name. That explains the 'Marcel'. V is the first letter of my last name. It has too many vowels to write it all out..... But then again, I could have had Scott's last name. Would never be able to write that one at all. :D

Because I do alot of this...

Attachments

• The Pit.jpg
    The Pit.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 132
Mine is actually DeeAnn but I lower case the whole thing because many people think my first name is Dee and my middle name is Ann. The avatar (at the time of this posting) is a real photo of me taken late last summer.

Geronimo said:
Waita minute. Some of you guys are using fake names! What's next? Finding out the avatarrs are not real photos?
My name is quite obvious, Geronimo are you saying my avatar is a fake photo? :D What me worry?

My name at every site that I belong to has been vinnyv07....my first name is vinny , my last begins with a V....and my birthday is on the seventh day of Oct. Call me Mr originality.

vinnyv07 said:
My name at every site that I belong to has been vinnyv07....my first name is vinny , my last begins with a V....and my birthday is on the seventh day of Oct. Call me Mr originality.

The creativity is in the avitar.
One of the best.

I'm not a very vocal poster here, but I am often in the 'hood. And this is my story....

"tvrobert" came about because I used to work for a small CBS affiliate as a reporter/producer/anchor. I've since left the business, but the title has headed my email address ever since. I've always loved the engineering side of all things TV, and this is one good place to soak up the forefront of HD broadcast knowledge.

Oh yea, my first name is Robert.

The avatar is a stunningly accurate representation of what I look like in the morning.

I reside in Le Sueur, MN... which is french for "the sewer." :)

shaun-ohio said:
shaun is the name and im from ohio really, glad to be part of the voom group.

and my name is Todd and live in Florida...but I was born in Ohio. I guess I could be called ToddFLAfromOhio... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)