where's amc 16?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lak,

That seems like the right way to reset because the light flashes green/red then stays green. However, it still won't go west

Suspect the motor, as you said "clone". Can you zero it and try to go west from AMC16? If so, maybe there's a problem somewhere else. Not using any switches, right?

Suspect the motor, as you said "clone". Can you zero it and try to go west from AMC16? If so, maybe there's a problem somewhere else. Not using any switches, right?

Thanks turbosat
Tried the "go to reference" in both the cs6000 and viewsat menus (is this what you are talking about?) no joy tried disabling the limits too. Not using any switches. The only thing I did different earlier was to turn it upside down on the bench. Very strange

Fkamp, When I set up my Sg2100 some months ago I had similar problems. Seems like sometimes I had to wait 20-30 seconds for the green light to come on, on the motor. Then I could manually push the button in and it would move. If that didn't work I turned off the receiver waited about 5 seconds turned it back on, watched for the green light, and pushed the button manually and it moved.
Seems like since the initial set up I've had no problem. Not sure if that helps just an idea. Blind

Thanks Blind,

I'm just sitting here waiting for daylight to come and the rain to let up. It's been raining all night long!
fkamp

Lak,

:p I guess you could say that. I hate not being able to figure something out!

On a more positive note, I found out why it would not return to zero after swinging E or W. The motor doesn't have enough umph to move it. Took the whole assembly down and mounted it on a j pole in a vise. swung it about 55 degrees w and pressed "go to reference" on the view sat menu.
It made a very brief attempt at moving then stopped. So I lifted up on the dish to take some weight off and voila!:eureka it started moving.

At least I know why it isn't working! Waiting to call the seller now.

And I know not to buy cloned items.:eek::mad: By the way, this was a LAVA sg2100

Looks like that is what I'll have to do. The dish weighs approx 30lbs. It says up to 1.2m dish but that is probably for aluminum dishes. I put my direct pc dish on it and it had no problems with it. Now to get a refund!

I was wrong according to my digital scale it weighs 23.74 lbs. Probably real close to the limit for the motor I suspect. Probably better off like you suggested Lak, getting a bigger motor.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm in the process of trying to setup a motorized dish. My latitude is 36.1 N and my longitude is 85.6 W. according to the List my southern most sat is AMC 16 at 85.0W. My problem is that on my Coolsat 6000, I don't find this satellite in the list. Is there a way to edit my list or should I try another satellite? There doesn't seem to be much on AMC 16. By the way here is the rest of my equipment:

Fortec 1.0 m dish set at 24.2 degrees
SG2100 motor set at 36 degrees
Coolsat 6000 premium
Fortec universal dual output lnb

Thanks for any help and for taking the time to read my post!

Fkamp,

You can rename a preset satellite in the list if you like, but you can also use one of the "blank" sats labeled as 0.0E to add a sat.

These are instructions to add a new LINEAR satellite to a Coolsat 4, 5 or 6K receiver. The instructions reference a SINGLE or STANDARD LINEAR LNBF.

For the example, I am going to add a LINEAR satellite at 122.0W (which is just something I pulled out of a hat).

Select MENU > DISH SETTING, then while the SATELLITE line is highlighted, press OK to view the entire list of satellites. Scroll down through this list until you find a satellite that is listed as 0.0E. This is a blank satellite position that you may use to enter a new satellite. Press OK and it will take you back to the setup screen with 0.0E displayed as the selected satellite.

Drop down to LNB POWER and ensure it is set to ON.

Drop down to LNB TYPE and select SINGLE.

Drop down to LNB FREQ and select 10.750

Drop down to 22KHz and select ON or OFF, whichever is appropriate for your switch configuration.

Drop down to DiSEqC Switch and select the appropriate setting for your system. Usually 1.0 or OFF. Not many use 1.0/1.1.

If you are using a 4X1 DiSEqC switch, drop down to COMMITTED and select the appropriate port number.

Drop down to the LEGACY SW and select OFF, SW21 DISH 1, SW21 DISH2, SW42 DISH 1 or SW42 DISH 2 as appropriate for your system.

Press EXIT, and when prompted to SAVE the changes, select YES and press OK.

Now you will be redirected to the MAIN MENU screen.

Select MANUAL SCAN and press OK

The screen should be displaying 0.0E as the satellite.

Drop down to FREQUENCY and enter a valid transponder frequency for the satellite that you want to add. If you are not sure of any valid transponder frequencies for this new sat, you may simply enter 11.700. Type that in.

Drop down to SYMBOL RATE and enter a valid SR. If you do not know the correct symbol rate, enter 20.000 as an arbitrary value.

Drop down to POLARIZATION and select V or H if you know the correct polarity. If you do not know it, you may leave it at default.

Press EXIT and the changes will be saved automatically and you will be redirected to the MAIN MENU screen.

Select MOTORIZED SETTING and press OK.

The screen should be displaying 0.0E as the selected satellite.

Drop down to DiSEqC MOTOR and select USALS.

Drop down to SAT DEGREE and enter in the satellite position, 122.0. After you type in all the digits, the E should be highlighted in black. Press OK and it should change to W.

Press EXIT and the settings will be automatically saved and you will observe a notification that the motor is moving to this new satellite postion at 122.0 W. Allow this display to time out.

NOTE: Even if you are trying to set this satellite up on a fixed point dish, you still need to use the motorized setup menu to be able to install the satellite into memory properly.

You will be back at the MOTORIZED SETTING MENU.

If you know the name of the satellite, press the RED (recall channel) button on your remote. Notice that this button is displayed at the bottom of the screen as RENAME.

You now have a keyboard displayed to enter the satellite name. For this example, let us say that the sat name is Orion 5. Type that in and press EXIT. Now your satellite will display 122.0W ORION 5.

Press EXIT again and you will be back to the MAIN MENU screen.

Highlight BLIND SCAN and press OK. When 122.0W ORION 5 is highlighted in yellow, press OK to select this satellite. Then, press the VOLUME UP button on the remote to select the scanning parameter field to the right.

Highlight the TP frequency line at the top and press OK.
Leave the FROM frequency set as 11.700 and change the TO frequency to 12.200 and press EXIT once. Highlight the SR and change this from FULL to DETAIL.

Now drop down to the PRESS OK line and press OK to begin scanning. When it finishes the scan, you should EXIT out of all the menus and power the receiver OFF, then back ON. If you do not cycle power to the receiver, all the scanned channels will have 0000 as the channel number (or SID).

Radar

Thank you, Radar for such a detailed explanation. I had been away from the forum for a few days. In that time, I got my dg380 from Sadoun and am well pleased with it. One of the sticking points that I had in "creating" a new satellite was changing it from E to W. It took me a few tries to figure that one out!.

Also I think I have the dish bracket not perfectly centered on the motor shaft. The reason I say this is that USALS gets really really close but to get the most quality, I have to bump it east on every sat. Not a big deal though. Right now my channels are not in order at all. I'm just happy to have picked up channels on more that one satellite.:D

On another note, concerning the CS 6000 signal meter, I was about to give up for the day when doing the initial locating of my Southernmost sat. Boy, does it take a while to update the signal and quality meters! I wasn't waiting long enough between moves. Patience, Patience.

Now for free time to clean up my channels / rescan. I'm convinced I don't need to do a FULL scan on every sat!

Strangely enough, no one else shared my enthusiasm in scanning the sats and watching channels appear in the list.

Thanks once again everyone for your help and suggestions in getting this newbie sorted out and pointed in the right direction

Don,

(eyeing my neighbors unused? 10ft fiberglass dish)

Thanks everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts