Where's the High Def Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
kbghdg said:
I get all my premium movie channels on 4dtv plus a small digital basic pak.
I then Sub to Dishnetwork's HD pak only to get the HD channels not available on 4dtv.
And yes the 4dtv PQ is superior to DishNet's in side by side channel for channel comparisons available on each receiver.

Exactly my plan. Still waiting to see if the quality of E* HD will be restored and maintained.

Hammer

kbghdg said:
Why not just have both systems. Like I do. Who knows if more Idiots would do the same we might finally get an updated mega-pipe 4dtv receiver.
I get all my premium movie channels on 4dtv plus a small digital basic pak.
I then Sub to Dishnetwork's HD pak only to get the HD channels not available on 4dtv.
And yes the 4dtv PQ is superior to DishNet's in side by side channel for channel comparisons available on each receiver.

That's what I'm doing right now too. The real trick is to figure out the best bet to DVR/archive programming. I've been looking pretty hard at the r5000hd solution, just can't figure out whether to get it for BUD or pizza, but that's a topic for another thread.

Wow...forgat about that one

iammike said:
That's what I'm doing right now too. The real trick is to figure out the best bet to DVR/archive programming. I've been looking pretty hard at the r5000hd solution, just can't figure out whether to get it for BUD or pizza, but that's a topic for another thread.

Iammike...I had totally forgotten about that dish brand...If I remember, it was a NICE one!! Congrats!

Man this older stuff is really great as we still use it today...quite the testamonial to BUDS!!!

A dish programmer once told me he could never understand why people went to the 18" thing and suffer the PQ issues unless thye become Apt bound...of course he never told me about FTA either!!!!:hungry:
Jeff

iammike said:
Both. 4dtv hardware development seems to be pretty much dead. I don't think they even manufacture the HDD-200 units any more, so HD is pretty low on the priority list. I've read that combo mode gives a higher data rate than standard DCII so that may be why the providers are using it. I'm not sure I fully understand though, since Lyngsat doesn't show the symbol rates being any higher.

Think of it as the equivilant of stat-muxing.

Everything goes in the same digital stream and the bandwidth is allocated as needed. If some feeds do not need the bandwidth, its reallocated to the stream that does need it based on a computer algorithim.

Considering the higher bitrates on SHO HD East as compared to those on HBO HD, its easy to see how it works VERY WELL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts