which arc E* puts new subs on in dual-arc DMA's (Chicago & St.Louis specifically)

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
(tried asking in the uplink section, but will try here...)

Just curious - do they actually have a preference which arc they want the techs to use, or can the tech just use whichever one works out best for each install?

If there is a "standard" arc they want them to use, is there a list somewhere that lists these DMA's & the arcs? If there is a standard, can someone let me know this specifically for the Chicago & St.Louis DMA's, please.

I would think E* would be looking to get ALL DMA's as "single-arc", since obviously they are wasting LOTS of bandwidth on duplicate HD locals on 2 arcs!

per a thread Scott had back late last year these DMA's are Western Arc for new installs (they were EA and then moved back to WA)

Atlanta, GA
Cleveland, OH
Huntsville, AL
Nashville, TN
Richmond, VA
Birmingham, AL
Detroit, MI
Memphis, TN
Norfolk, VA
St. Louis, MO
Charlotte, NC
Ft. Myers, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Orlando, FL
Tampa, FL
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Mobile, AL
Raleigh, NC
W. Palm Beach, FL

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/235590-20-dmas-moving-back-western-arc.html

I think if there is a dual arc option and there is no LOS issue (and not on the list) they are doing EA installs

The technician will use mixed arc if there is nlos for a particular satellite within the EA or WA but they can get los on an alternate satellite. Because of this sometimes when there is a migration off a satellite and the customer does not have los, we are unable to provide service for that satellite they don't have los for. An example would be not having los for 129 on a WA installation so the technician installed the 61.5. The customer would then need to be moved to an all EA installation.

It was my understanding that E* would NO longer support ANY mixed arc setups, let alone installing a NEW one from scratch - areyou SURE they would do this???

It's a situation to situation basis. If possible, we do want customers to have a full arc setup, but if there's NLOS issues, there may be no other option (if you have NLOS to 72.7 and 129, there wouldn't be anything we can do to get you the majority of HD channels).

We would do a full arc setup and wing dish if possible, but as I mentioned, it's a situation to situation basis

I think they will not support a mixed arc if you can see the EA. Another words, you presently have the WA with older receivers and want HD. If you can not see 129 (somewhat common) but your locals are also on the EA, you will need to upgrade receivers and have the EA.
But I also believe, if your locals in HD are only on the WA, but you can not see 129, you will still need to have the upgraded receivers, and they will install the EA, plus the sat (119) that your locals are on from the WA. I'm not sure that is a true mixed arc, because the "Mixed" sat is only for your locals in HD, and they won't be moving. Should your locals be on the EA also at some time, you are all set, plus you do have a full arc set-up.

I can not see 129, but can see the EA, locals are on it. BUT - I also get distants from AAD, so they consented to a mixed arc in my case also.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts