Which ARC for Texas?

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
I live in Northeast Texas and am having all kinds of signal issues with 110/119, and 129. Would swinging to the Eastern Arc help me out any? Not really sure how far west is too far for EA. Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the info guys. Trees have grown tall enough to impede my signal now. I haven't had a signal from 129 in years, and now 110 and 119 are on their way out too. No where else really to put the dish, so I might be out of luck. I'll be depressed if I have to switch to my local provider. Dish has the best DVRs in the business.

What model receivers do you have?
If they are VIP receivers, you **could** go Eastern Arc but then you'd lose the locals. But if you use an antenna to get them in HD it would be a moot point to not have them via DIsh

Thanks for the info guys. Trees have grown tall enough to impede my signal now. I haven't had a signal from 129 in years, and now 110 and 119 are on their way out too. No where else really to put the dish, so I might be out of luck. I'll be depressed if I have to switch to my local provider. Dish has the best DVRs in the business.

Maybe you need to "move" so you can get EA.

I was kind of thinking about that same thing. I have a 722 & 722k. I could pull in the locals on the 722, but would need to purchase the OTA module for the 722k correct?

I get Tyler locals via the 722 but yes, I had to get the locals module and there is no way around it. I had a 622 but the hdmi went out and they sent me another 622 but it was dead on arrival. The hard drive was no good so they sent out a technician. All he had in his truck was the 722 but no module. He called dish and told them to send me the module - free! This tech was one of the good guys.

Well, the point of all this is that Tyler will never get HD locals via dish because the market is too small so you must use OTA anyway. I live out a ways and have a big, deep fringe Channel Master antenna with rotor atop a 60' tower. With this set up I get superb HD on all the networks. The only reason I subscribe to dish locals is because the program guide is blank without a locals subscription. Without a locals subscription, when you go through the program grid all the local channels show only "Digital Service". You never know what is playing, what will be on and what to record to the dvr. It is worth the few extra bucks a month to have the programs displayed on the grid, even if you watch only OTA and never watch the dish local channels themselves because they are not in HD.

Two words. Chain. Saw.
chainsaw.gif

Two words. Chain. Saw.
chainsaw.gif

Ha Ha!!! Trust me, it crossed my mind, but it will tear down two fences.

On the Tyler HD Locals...you really think they'll never turn up HD on these? I know Direct has them, so I always hoped Dish would at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts