Which Bell sat is weaker?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I remember reading something a while back that one of the Nimiq sats was weaker in signal than the other.

Here's the rundown:
I'm working on a brokered bell sub and due to a line of sight issue, I can't use a single dish 500 for it. So I have 1 spare dish300 and 1 dish500. If I setup the dishes in two different spots, I have clear LOS. So, now before I go set everything up, I want to make sure I use the dish500 on the weaker of the two.

Edit:
Let me add, that I am in SW lower peninsula of Michigan

At both positions, they use a combination of 2 satellites.
For me in Quebec, I see more variation of signal strengh between transponders on 82.

Satin
You'll be fine in SW Michigan with both satellites :)
The N3 ones at 91 west actually read HIGHER than the N1 ones in the border states :)

but to answer the question, use the D500 for 82...that is the "weaker" satellite

Alright, thanks. I wasn't sure being that I am so close to canada that it would make a difference, but wanted to make sure. Also peace of mind as I thought I read something on it a while back, but it was probably related to locations further south.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)