Which Bird to hunt DVB-S2 in C Band?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
Well , I only have a 6 footer but after finishing installing it and aiming it for the first time at 58W and getting 168 TV stations without fully tweaking the LNB I am confident I might get good results. I have not tried the Ku side yet, will do tomorrow after setting the LNB properly. but I wanted first to use the CS 8100 to lock some DVB-S2 first.

At 6 foot, good luck! I have issues locking on to S2 feeds with my 7 1/2 footer! I would start out west around 138ish and go east. Most s2 feeds are on the western half of the arch! Good luck! Also, There is the RTN stuff at AMC3 in S2. Do you have the blindscan card? or are you just doing this on the fly? :)

Thanks , I know a 6 foot is bare minimum even for DVB-S but me being a Cuban , at least I have a Dish!!! lol, so I am happy. I can get the MVS Mux on 58W with 95 Quality on the CS 8100 which is not only 8PSK but also MPEG4 but it is scrambled with Irdeto so I get no picture nor sound. My setup is fixed for now and with the help of the birdog I can fine tune it properly so it can lock signals better. As an example the fixed 80 cm on Hispasat @ 30W at ground level gets the Uruguayan mux perfectly with 75 Quality but on several 90 cm Motorised on tripods that I tried it, I still have to bump it. So a fixed solid 6 foot I am confident will get me quite a few.

No Blind Scan here , my other receiver , the CS 6000 does blind Scan DVB-S , but thats it. Now the birdog will also help me with its spectrum analizer (it gives me frecuency and potential bandwith or SR).

Good to hear , west end has most since I can not see properly east of 58W due to a close big tree (even the branches are just to the left side of the LNB if I look from behind the center hole on the dish) but the rest is clear, well maybe in the winter if snow accumulates over 2 feet on the neighborg's roof then I will loose 139W (well have not locked it in yet, lol, but as per dishpointer it should not be a problem now).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts