Which Broadcast Evening News Do You Watch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Which Broadcast Evening News Do You Watch?

• ABC World News Tonight

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • CBS Evening News

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • NBC Nightly News

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Cable/Satellite (CNN, Fox, Msnbc etc...)

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Get News from other source ( Internet, Newspaper, Radio etc...)

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters
I watched Walter Cronkite for years, then Dan Rather, but switched to Tom Brokaw and now Brian Williams... I occasionally watch Katie Couric (liked her on the Today show), I rarely watch CNN or Fox news etc... will listen to CNN Headline on Sirius though... (although it's not headlines anymore ;))

none, the news has become over-sensationalized hype and media spin. i think network news is now only a shader better than tabloid journalism.

I rarely if ever watch, but if I do, it is ABC, all the way. Been watching since Frank Reynolds was the anchor when I was a kid. But grew up with Peter Jennings. Both were great anchors.

Yep my tv stays on ABC most of the day in my household from Good Morning America , Regis, View,soaps,local and national news till prime time. Prime time I record from all nets .

I guess I'm the opposite with the departure of Pushing Daisies there are no programs on ABC I watch... I start the day off with the Today show then watch the noon day news on the NBC affiliate (none on ABC or Fox and the CBS station only has a 1/2 hour) primetime though I watch Earl & Chuck on NBC and stay on CBS & Fox for dvr programs...

When 24 hour news channels popped up years ago, the journalistic integrity of television news declined. It's more about sensationalism and filling time slots with everything and anything to get the viewer's attention and to get advertising revenue based on viewer ratings.

When 24 hour news channels popped up years ago, the journalistic integrity of television news declined. It's more about sensationalism and filling time slots with everything and anything to get the viewer's attention and to get advertising revenue based on viewer ratings.
The local channels use this when they tease you with story you can only see on the late news... ;)

After it became possible to get news from the internet, my opinion of the alphabet networks plummeted. Despite some variations in presentation, it is as though they coordinate on how to propagandize. What they don't cover speaks volumes to me.

In the old days, news programs reported on the events. Now, they editorialize or spin things in leading ways, apparently to get viewers to think a certain way, IMO. And, I'm not referring to commentary programs.

When Dan Rather was still on CBS, it was pretty clear to me which presidental candidate he favored... (or who he didn't favor)

Ever since the nets have gone to the Network model of infotainment, I have been watching TV news less and less. TV news has always been about "If it bleeds, it leads," but except during obvious periods of major stories, such as elections, there's more celeb/goofy/shopping than ever. No thanks!

I watched Walter Cronkite for years, then Dan Rather, but switched to Tom Brokaw and now Brian Williams... I occasionally watch Katie Couric (liked her on the Today show), I rarely watch CNN or Fox news etc... will listen to CNN Headline on Sirius though... (although it's not headlines anymore ;))
I watched (NBC) John Cameron Swayze,nightly for 15 minutes-7:30-7:45.Sponsored by Camel cigarettes,put the "T" in your T-zone.Beat that!!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)