which channels come from 119 satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

polargrowler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
I have the HD pkg, but a line-of-site problem for the 110 satellite. Consequently, most of the HD content DirecTV offers is unavailable to me. Until the recent softwear upgrade, I was able to get ESPN HD, Discovery HD, HD Net, and one Fox feed that carried some HD. Now I'm only able to get Discovery HD. Customer service was unable to fix the problem - I still have signal, but it says "channel not available". They are sending a "technician" to hopefully fix it. But in the course of my time on line with the CSR, he mentioned that Universal HD also comes from 119. Does anyone know for sure which channels, specifically HD channels, come from which satellite? There must be some list somewhere..Thanks, folks!

Check channel 400, and if that says channel not available you need to reprogram your receiver for multisat. What model # is your receiver? Did you call tech support directly at 1-800-695-9251?

Thanks for the info - doesn't look good! I did get ESPN HD and HD Net (but not HD Net Movies) in HD prior to the upgrade, however, and I specifically asked the CSR it they had moved these to the 110 satellite. He said nothing had moved, confirmed they were from the 119 in addition to Universal. The test channels, signal strength results for the correct transponders, etc., all showed that I should be getting these channels. They sent a new card which changed nothing. After a final try with me on the phone, they scheduled a service call for this saturday. Possilby a bad multi-switch, or a receiver problem? I using an H-10, incidentally, with a triple LNB, even though a big-ass tree is blocking 110.

It was my pleasure to help.

Did you try and go through the Setup again from the start (as if it was a new install)? (make sure you unplug ALL recievers' coax AND power supply for a minute or so and rerun setup on just one receiver and see if that helps, if it does, repeat on the rest one at a time.

Make sure the dish type is set to oval/3lnb, etc?

Sadly I know nothing about the H-10 or its capabilities, nor do I have HD, but perhaps one of the veterans here can field your questions. But I'll try and point out some possibilities I've picked up from this forum below.

It is possible the 119 problem could be LNB related or LOS / bad peak, could be bad multiswitch(the built in one), or bad external multiswitch(if you had need of one and would/must be cascadable if used with the built in ms (unless you have the 3lnb via the satC kit, those I am not sure about as far as the ms requirments)), or a connector, or coax problem (water/cut/loose).

I'd be interested to find out when/if they fix the problem.

Good luck either way.

I'll let you know what the "technician" has to say after my Saturday service call. This is not an area where there is an abundance of good service techs, so I'm not optimistic......

As of 8/20/05, the satellite locations for the HD channels are as follows:

70 - hbo hd - 110° - trnsp 10
71 - sho hd - 110° - trnsp 10
73 - espn hd - 110° - trnsp 12
74 - uhd - 110° - trnsp 12
76 - disc hd - 119° - trnsp 32
78 - hd movies - 110° - trnsp 10
79 - hd net - 110° - trnsp 08

If that's true - how could my ESPN-HD be fine yet my HDNET partly broken up? This is so confusing.

SpySatellite said:
If that's true - how could my ESPN-HD be fine yet my HDNET partly broken up? This is so confusing.

Even though it is the same satellite location, there could be a large variance in signal strength due to the different transponders. :)

Finally got my service call Saturday - had to postpone it a week after talking to the first tech., who said he had no multi-switch to replace the one I had, which he thought was faulty. The guy moved my dish up to the peak of my roof, where I thought it should have been to begin with, and used a longer mounting pole. Lo and behold, I now have full service, including the 110. It appears that without 110, you're limited to one HD channel - although nobody at D seems to know that! Thanks for the help guys. I should be out of the woods until new satellites and mpeg4, when I'll probably be in trouble again...........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts