Which channels would you like to see added/removed from Sky Angel?

Both Hallmark channels, FOX News, and HG could all be removed (they're all blocked anyway).
We use to watch alot of GTN, but do not like the shows like Magnum PI or A-team. (I miss Sue Thomas and Doc was pretty good.)
I would like to see a channel with all the classic cartoons (I think Boomerang).
I would like SPIRIT to have its own channel again. (We do not watch TVU.)
I wouldn't mind NASA or maybe C-Span.
~MYB~

I wouldn't mind NASA or maybe C-Span.
~MYB~

I believe NASA is there already, and I picked up C-Span when I got the Dish tech support lady to add the PI channels. A warning there though: You will likely block a lot of those if you block the others you mentioned. :)

My "free" lifetime sub costs me about $20 to Dish, even though I have no Dish-specific programming beyond the PI channels.

BTW, you might find RFD-TV of interest, depending on your interests. I know my daughter is now watching some of the horse shows there.

Brad

I called Sky Angel today to cancel my subscription (financial reasons) and while on the phone I asked the customer service lady if they planned to add anymore channels in the near future. She said they have plans to add some more programming after the first of the year but they have not been told what channels they are adding.

If you cancelled for financial reasons you must be having hard times. I will pray for you this evening. I hope things get better for you.

nasa tv

I believe NASA is there already, and I picked up C-Span when I got the Dish tech support lady to add the PI channels. A warning there though: You will likely block a lot of those if you block the others you mentioned. :)

My "free" lifetime sub costs me about $20 to Dish, even though I have no Dish-specific programming beyond the PI channels.

BTW, you might find RFD-TV of interest, depending on your interests. I know my daughter is now watching some of the horse shows there.

Brad

have nasa tv on skyangel only. don't want another dish fer dish crap.
john

compared to the average E* setup these days, adding 119 to a typical SA-only customer would be a piece of cake. one dish, one LNBF, SW21 or two.

(I define "typical SA only" as someone who has an old legacy dish300 pointed at 61.5)

exactly. Heck, an old DirecTV dish would work too. And if all you want is NASA from 119, dont call dish and add the PI pack. Nasa is available regardless if you call or not (as long as your card in the box is newer which if you subscribe obviously it is). Channel 213 would pop right in for NASA (Angel one is on 262 also). I can pick those two up on an unsubscribed box

I have 3 dishes. :(

61.5, 110/119 and 148 (Dallas locals)

I used to have the Top180 package with locals, but I cut that back to save a significant amount of money each month.

Brad

There are no "split" locals anymore so the 148 dish really isnt needed in your case :)
All locals that were "split" between 110/119 & 148 or 61.5 are all now on 110/119

There are no "split" locals anymore so the 148 dish really isnt needed in your case :)
All locals that were "split" between 110/119 & 148 or 61.5 are all now on 110/119

Then I have to remove a Dish and patch holes in my roof. :)

I will probably just live with it for now....

Brad

I would just take down the dish & mast and leave the foot up there. Thats what I did when I topok down a couple dishes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)