Which connections to use on Dish 1000.2

Scott17

Original poster
Mar 27, 2018
AZ
I just bought a new "Dish Network 1000.2 & Satellite Finder Compass - 110, 119, 129 Satellites High Definition Dish Triple DPP LNB" to install at a vacation cabin with a Hopper (no Joeys) feeding 1 TV only. I am unclear on which connection or connections to use from the 129, 119, 110 & multi switch in options. The provider seemed to indicate that I should just RG 6 it from the 129 port direct to the Hopper but other forum posts I have read suggest more than 1 or all 3 (excluding the 4th multi in) via a Node or DP44 switch to the Hopper .... any guidance would be appreciated. Novice language please :) Will be in Arizona.

The item is in transit so thanks for the link. Reading pages 2 & 6 I think I can just run one cable from port 1 to the receiver box.

No, you need two lines from the LNB to a solo node, then 1 line from the host output to the receiver, otherwise, you won't get tuner 3 and you'll be missing channels. You can run out of any of the 3 outputs on the LNB, but use 1 and 2.. I use a jumper on port 3 to point the dish in

Reactions: harshness
Thanks HipKat, that makes sense ... the jumper on port 3 you mention is to a temporary finder compass during install correct ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts