Please reply by conversation.

martin1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
They thought that my D10-100 was def and they shipped me a D10-300F
which one should I keep.

I've had all three.

Started with the D10-200. I liked its physical appearance and the appearance of its menus the best. But the two units I had both had a problem with the Caller ID function. It would work for a few days and then quit. The only way to get it working again was to reset it. Then every once in a while the reset would cause it to lose the local channels and I'd have to call DirecTV to have it rehit. DirecTV denied any knowledge of these being known issues but replaced them under warranty.

Replaced those with the D10-300. I didn't care much for the appearance of its menus or the unit itself. And the two units liked to reboot all on their own for no apparent reason. Once upon rebooting, one of them got stuck at 10% in the "acquiring program guide" stage. I called DirecTV and the rep immediately recognized the problem. She had me disconnect the satellite cable, reset the receiver, and then reconnect the cable when it said "searching for satellite signal." Then it booted fine. She said this was a well known problem with the D10-300 and also with the Philips 5500C, which is apparently very similar.

Now I have the D10-100. I didn't care much for the menu and guide appearance out of the box but then it got the "Active" upgrade and now it's much better. And it's been fully reliable. None of the issues that I had with the 200 or 300. And it's the only one that currently gets the "Active" upgrade if that's important to you.

Obviously, different things are important to each of us. But for me, I like the 100 best. But if Caller ID weren't important to me, then I'd like the 200. So, either way, if I were you, I'd keep the 100.

This is what I thought. Guess I will be shipping the D10-300 back and keeping my D10-100. Also I have a SA tivo that I am using and somewhere I read the D10-300 doesn't have a serial bus to change channels. I know the 100 at present has problem with changing local channels with serial bus but hopefully they will get it fixed. I can live with that for a while.
Thanks.

none of the d-10s are HD

d-10 100 is thompson/rca built

d-10 200 is samsung built

d-10 300 is phillips built

keep the 100 get active download, you will love it.

I don't have a phone line hooked to my D10 100 but are you guys telling me the caller ID works fine the 100... The reason I ask is because my sister uses the caller ID function and she is getting the D10 100.... I hope I am reading this correct....

Also, my autotune want cutoff since the update..... Have you guys noticed that? I can set it to turn on in middle of night to tape a show (thru vcr) and it never turns off..... I guess I will have to get a Tivo soon.....

The Caller ID function works fine on the D10-100 and the D10-300. It was just the D10-200 that had issues, which is too bad since I otherwise liked it the best of the three.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)