Which Dish for 129 ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
After reading and thinking a lot about the 129 reception around Seattle, I've decided to get a 90cm or 1M dish and move the 129 lnb from my Dish 1000 over to it. From what I can tell, I'd like to get either a Channel Master or Winegard, but I've never seen either so I don't know which might be higher in quality. Can anyone recommend one or the other?
Course if I could find a used 1M (or so) for free I'd probably not care what brand it is :rolleyes:

Can anyone think of a problem(s) I might have doing this?

Think I'll call a few contractors and see if they have one laying around they might have removed

Thanks

The only problem is that the DP lnb that comes off of the Dish 1000 that is used for 129 has a special kind of mount that no other lnbs have. Its called a D mount where as Directv single lnbs have a rectangular mount. The only aftermarket and oversized dishes that I know of that have this kind of D mount are a kind that winegard makes. Go to there web site and look at there dishes and you will see where its says about the different lnb mounts.

Greg Mueller said:
Well I can cheat a little.....
I have a machine shop......:D
That always helps. Something else you can do is if you get a large channel master dish or some other kind of KU band dish is take the plastic shell off of the dp lnb. Doing this will allow the neck of the lnb to fit in the lnb holder hole. I have done this with a 30" free to air dish and a dp single lnb to get a better signal on 129. I was getting a pretty low signal with a dish 300 on 129 but when I used the 30" FTA dish it bumped the signal up a bit but where it really helped out is when it was cloudy or raining. I experienced alot less drop outs. Good luck.

I think I like the look of the Winegard, with it's 3 lnb support arms. It's just finding a dealer that has reasonable shipping :eek:

What do they normally use this size dish for? I see a lot of medium sized dishes on the tops of gas stations. Must be internet?

Mr. Mueller,

I'm in Silverdale and with a Dish 500, using an I bracket adapter, pick up 129 typically in the 80-90s. Better than what is reported with a Dish 1000. Since I'm 15 miles south of you, this may work well for you and would be easier than a 1 m dishl. Of course, any reason to get into a machine shop is a pretty good reason.

Mark

Miner said:
Mr. Mueller,

I'm in Silverdale and with a Dish 500, using an I bracket adapter, pick up 129 typically in the 80-90s. Better than what is reported with a Dish 1000. Since I'm 15 miles south of you, this may work well for you and would be easier than a 1 m dishl. Of course, any reason to get into a machine shop is a pretty good reason.

Mark

Explain "I" bracket adapter,please..

Last edited:
here it is. design to view only one orbital location. with Dual LNB

Attachments

• DP Dual & I bracket.jpg
    DP Dual & I bracket.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 141
volkodav said:
here it is. design to view only one orbital location. with Dual LNB

I'm using a 500 and a DPtwin for 129, was thinking of upgrading to a larger dish, signal strength now bet. 67 and 85.

Last edited:
when it gets complicated or a lot of writing i have my wife help me, and spell check is my best friend :devil:

you see she just fixed it again

Last edited:
volkodav said:
sorry for busting your bubble. see i told you :D

Nope, you had it perfect, dummy Dan here misread your spelling on "complicated", this is what happens when your old, over the hill, and trying to cook dinner at same time as messaging.

yes, you did see it i wrote it wrong my wife looked at me and she "said it's not even a word" and it was spelled so horrible even check spell mist it, so she fix it for me.

volkodav said:
yes, you did see it i wrote it wrong my wife looked at me and she "said it's not even a word" and it was spelled so horrible even check spell mist it, so she fix it for me.

Ok V, I guess I'm not as senile as I thought. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)