Which Dish remote/remotes do you have/use?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just got the 54 a week ago with my new Hopper 3. Have to say I miss my old 40 that the tech took with my old Hopper. Perhaps I will get used to it.
If I order another 40 can I use both remotes at once?

I just replaced the batteries in one of our 40.0 remotes for the first time since installation about a year ago. I suppose that means the others will be needing them soon too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use the Harmoney 650, since I have a HWS, 65 inch Plasma, Onkyo AVR, Blu Ray, player DVD recorder with built in VHS, a WII, and a Fire stick that the Harmoney wil not operate, but puts the other devices on the fire settings.

Reactions: Partysox and DWS44
I started with a harmony 550, wore that out, then wore out a 650 (both IR, or line-of-sight required) Now I've got a Smart remote, includes a compact remote, RF sensor, and blaster/hub, Program it with the app. Big improvement.

I've got all of them except the latest backlight 54. I use the 40 on the H3 and both 4K Joeys. I really prefer having one button for each command/function.

The only thing I don't like about the 40 is the lack of a backlight. (Same for my Roku Ultra remote.) Every remote should have a built in backlight function. Even though I have the 40 buttons pretty much memorized.

If I had unlimited cash I'd just have 3 Harmony remotes. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I actually broke down and bought a Harmony 650 to try out. At $39.99 it's not an expensive experiment. I need it to work with my Panny Plasma TV, my Hopper 3, my Sony AVR, and my Roku Utra (don't need it to work with my PS4.)

Since I have a Roku Ultra and a TV and AVR and 4K Joey in my other two rooms, if it works well in the room with the Hopper 3 I'll just get one for each room (my wife wants to learn ONE remote. ;) )

I assume I'll keep my 40s with good batteries in the rooms, as I assume the H3 won't back up it's settings to the Harmony like it does the Dish remotes.

I actually broke down and bought a Harmony 650 to try out. At $39.99 it's not an expensive experiment. I need it to work with my Panny Plasma TV, my Hopper 3, my Sony AVR, and my Roku Utra (don't need it to work with my PS4.)

Since I have a Roku Ultra and a TV and AVR and 4K Joey in my other two rooms, if it works well in the room with the Hopper 3 I'll just get one for each room (my wife wants to learn ONE remote. ;) )

I assume I'll keep my 40s with good batteries in the rooms, as I assume the H3 won't back up it's settings to the Harmony like it does the Dish remotes.
No it won’t back up to the Harmony but as long as you keep that 40 somewhat near the Hopper it will save those settings just fine.

Duracells are the only battery I use. I love them.

I take that back. If a store doesn’t doesn’t have a Duracell of the type of battery I need, I RELUCTANTLY get Energizer. If all they have is Rayovac (hasn’t happened yet), then I’d go to another store. I HATE Rayovac.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)