Which DN LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
When using a Dish Network LNB to get NASA's channel, does it have to be a (older) Legacy LNB or does it have to be the (newer) DishPro LNB?

Score Du Jour.....

Two DN 500 dishes with mounts. One with a twin Legacy LNB and one with a single Legacy LNB......free (of course). Also a couple of DN switches, but I can't tell what model as they have been painted.

I love "free"

I was thinking of getting one of those Chieta 4x1 switches and running the Primestar LNB into one port and the DN LNB into another.

DN Legacy LNBs are just like the LNBs you're probably using now on Ku-band FTA.
They change from R to L instead of V to H, with the change of voltage from 13 to 18 (respectively).
. . . Except they have two independent outputs, and the LO is 11250.
So, pretty much all you know, just works fine with 'em.

Dish Pro LNBs are bandstacked.
They'll work, but I'll leave you to other posted discussions for the fine details.
Basically, they run on just 18 volts only, and put out both R and L in the range of roughly 950 - 2150mhz.
Lot of receivers (especially the more hacker-friendly ones) have an LNB setting of "DP" or "OCS" (one cable solution) and support Dish Pro / bandstacked LNBs right out of the box.

You probably don't want to try to fiddle with the Dish Network two-LNB head that's used to look at 110 and 119.
Dealing with it is more complicated , and other solutions are so much cleaner.

Congrats on the freebies. - :up
I just got a free DN dish (with dummy LNBs) the other day.
See thread in the FTA Shack.

Check if your receiver can handle dish switches. Some of them can with OEM software some can't. You might not need to buy a diseqc switch if you can use one of the dishnet switches you all ready have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts