Which DVR would you recommend?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brittmer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Hi guys,

I currently have a 510 and would like to get a DVR that allows me to watch another program while it is recording another.
What would you recommend that has a good track record for working reliably.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

ralfyguy said:
What is the difference between the 625 and the 721 other than the color?

The 721 is an older machine with less capabilities than the 625. The 625 has more recording space, is much more stable & reliable, can do Dish on Demand, has fully functional Dish Home (interactive TV) and can drive two independant TV's at the same time.

the 721 has some serious hard drive issues, a budy of mine has gone through 4 units. he works for *E and cant figure it out

If you want reliability and stability info on the 625 check out the threads on the 522, for all practical purposes they are the same box and they run the exact same software. Of course Dish can turn the most stable and reliable platform into a buggy POS with their next software update, as they have proven time and time again. :(

NightRyder

BnT said:
the 721 has some serious hard drive issues, a budy of mine has gone through 4 units. he works for *E and cant figure it out

I've gone through 6 in a 2 month span. Something from 1.75 -1.77 screwed something up big time.

I have 2 721'sa and I love them. But my parents just got the 625 a few months ago and they love it. I've played with it and it seems very nice. The NEBR is a big plus over the 721. I know the 522 and 625 software is basically the same, but it sure seems like the 625 is much more stable, you don't see nearly as many bug threads on the 625. So my nod goes to the 625 for SD and the 942 for YD.

On one of my 721 hd I removed the cable to do some work my other 721 hd stop working.I by passed the dp 34 switch and it started working again, so later I re-hooked the switch and now the dp34 is working.Is the dp34 going out???

bobbyeg said:
On one of my 721 hd I removed the cable to do some work my other 721 hd stop working.I by passed the dp 34 switch and it started working again, so later I re-hooked the switch and now the dp34 is working.Is the dp34 going out???
Sometimes the DP34 (and other switches) will hang and need to have ALL power removed in order to reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts